Dont know if this has ever been covered or not? Just curious if anyone has had or would share their stories of their accidental discharge (s). Thought it might help others avoid the same mistake. My one and only was about 27 years ago. Newly married and my grand paw had given me his 12ga pump shotgun. I was going to show the wife how to chamber a round incase she ever needed too. Standing in the bedroom with the muzzle pointed up I racked the slide. Next thing I knew was my ears were ringing and I could smell burnt powder. I looked up and there was a nice round 2 hole in the ceiling sheet rock. The next thing I did was take the shotgun outside to clear the remaining rounds out of it. Then I went into the attic to see what damage I had done to the roof! I got lucky! The blast had gone into the side of a joist and did not exit the roof.