American patriotism remains near historic lows this Fourth of July

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW I attended the Pawnee Homecoming Pow Wow over the weekend. Pawnee colors are Red, White and Blue. They hold the Pow Wow near Independence Day because the tribe values military service and patriotism. The Pawnee Scouts during the Indian Wars were crucial to United States victory over the Sioux and Cheyenne among others.

Someone needs to tell the Pawnee how racist this holiday is.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WASHINGTON (TND) — On this Fourth of July, the percentage of people who say they’re proud to be an American is near historic lows.

According to the results of a new Gallup poll, only 4 in 10 adults say they are “extremely proud to be an American.”

"I feel like it’s declined. Like, just wearing the flag sometimes I feel like it’s sometimes a little bit mixed-up feelings," said Daniel, a Washington, D.C. resident visiting the National Mall on the holiday.

Gallup's data shows Republicans are consistently more likely than Democrats and independents to express "extreme pride in being American," but Democrats are making a push to “reclaim the flag.”

Joe Biden’s first re-election campaign ad drips with patriotic imagery.

Since 2019, Democrats' "extreme pride" has increased slightly as Republicans' dipped by 16 points.

https://ktul.com/news/nation-world/...ited-states-pride-republicans-democrats-poll#
I’m proud of our country, but despise the current administration, they’re ruining our country and our way of life.
I’ve been all over our planet and feel damn lucky to have the freedoms we have here, as well as the opportunities that Americans have.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW I attended the Pawnee Homecoming Pow Wow over the weekend. Pawnee colors are Red, White and Blue. They hold the Pow Wow near Independence Day because the tribe values military service and patriotism. The Pawnee Scouts during the Indian Wars were crucial to United States victory over the Sioux and Cheyenne among others.

Someone needs to tell the Pawnee how racist this holiday is.
Racist, care to explain?

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm patriotic as far as being an American, being an Okie even more so.
Dumbasses that believe the United States is nothing but White supremacy dictatorship are idiots. Dumbasses that blindly accept our government as being righteous are equal to them.

Our Founders didn't buy into blind patriotism, in fact they had a volatile distrust of government. The problem with conservatives is they tend to latch onto "the other side is critical so the good side is patriotic", which is an oversimplification of the situation. Probably suits our current level of education and attention in most cases I suppose.
Well said my friend

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never understood feeling pride based on where I was born. I had zero say in the matter or zero to do with it.
However, you do reap the benefits of having been born in the USA. Being proud to be an American has little to do with having been born here. Being an American is sharing a belief in the values that this nation was founded upon regardless of where you were born. The attacks from within this country are an attack on those values and principles.

Those on this forum that want to see what most of America looks like just watch a rodeo or western sports event on RFD, the Cowboy Channel, or Cowgirl Channel. Hundreds of performances per year aired over the last 3 years and Every one begins with a prayer, the national anthem, and honoring the military and/or first responders. The owner is on a mission to expose rural America to urban America. Whether you are a rodeo fan or not, I encourage you to support the mission.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
However, you do reap the benefits of having been born in the USA. Being proud to be an American has little to do with having been born here. Being an American is sharing a belief in the values that this nation was founded upon regardless of where you were born. The attacks from within this country are an attack on those values and principles.

Those on this forum that want to see what most of America looks like just watch a rodeo or western sports event on RFD, the Cowboy Channel, or Cowgirl Channel. Hundreds of performances per year aired over the last 3 years and Every one begins with a prayer, the national anthem, and honoring the military and/or first responders. The owner is on a mission to expose rural America to urban America. Whether you are a rodeo fan or not, I encourage you to support the mission.

Having pride in being born in the Unites States also has to take into consideration the benefits of living here. Make a list of all the blessings one can think of for living here and see if that doesn't outweigh any other option of a country.

I have a website with thousands of photos showing a bunch of those blessings, but I have to add in the freedoms to go see such places and the health benefits of living here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom