Ammo prices - going up, going going gone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last week I bought I think 5 or 6 boxes of the 555 packs at various WMs for I THINK $23-24/ea...? And the 1000-round packs for like 45? Anywho, ended up with around 6800 rounds in 2 days. And not a gun to shoot 'em with. ;)

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly dont get the rush for 22lr. It is 22 freaking lr for crying out loud! What are you going to do with it all? I honestly think most people like the peace of mind having thousands of rounds of something even if its 22lr. I'm not paying a cent more for 22lr than I did a year ago. If I run out so be it. I'll buy more but I'll wait. Prices will come down. This purely panic in the streets. Everyone needs to calm the F down and stop paying these absurd prices for ammo. Give it time and note who the merchants are that are taking advantage of you. Ammo manufacturers aren't going anywhere. They are going to replenish stock and once the dust settles you will see an influx of ammo hit the market directly and indirectly from everyone that panic bought and is now looking to unload. Having said all that...who wants to buy some 22lr for 50c a round? I'll sell my entire stash and laugh all the way to the bank.

This is a classic rubber band effect on supply and demand. Its going to snap back and drive prices back to reality.

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
During the 2008 panic 22LR at wal-mart crept up, and so did blazer brass 45 and a few other rounds I would buy there. They've just kept going up since... never back down.

Sure, $900 cases of .223 are going to come back down, but it'll be a while before it's $300 again (if ever)

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep - was seeing lots of that $79/case 7.62x39 just before this panic, and just before the panic of '08.

Prices rise, and will continue to do so. Copper, lead, and brass ain't getting any cheaper., and the value of the dollar continues to crap out.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last week I bought I think 5 or 6 boxes of the 555 packs at various WMs for I THINK $23-24/ea...? And the 1000-round packs for like 45? Anywho, ended up with around 6800 rounds in 2 days. And not a gun to shoot 'em with. ;)

Yea I Kinda know how you feel.
I had to let mine all go to finish a house I'm tryin to sell.
Hope it goes back down in a couple months when the house sells.
We'll just have to wait and see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom