Anodizing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OutdoorShooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
anyone anodize their own AR parts? Just finished our new billet uppers and I'm experimenting with the anodizing.. so far it's been pretty good, but occasionally I've had parts not take the type II process..
Here is a pic of some of the first test next to a upper I had around the shop.

Attachments

• IMG_0392.JPG
    IMG_0392.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 181

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know of anyone who does their own, but I've heard of (never seen) a shop somewhere in SW Okc that does anodizing.

If you were able to match the colors of the older finishes, I'm sure there would be a lot of retro builders (like me) interested.

OutdoorShooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's working out pretty good so far.. I haven't done any other colors as of yet. But only because we are manufacturing billet uppers, lowers, and rails soon and I need to be able to do some cerakote and some anodized.. I am going to try out some other colors pretty soon, as we are working on some billet loading blocks and I'd like to color them too... Here is a pic of the upper I just anodized and assembled to see how it looks and fits..

Attachments

• IMG_3297.jpg
    IMG_3297.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 193

OutdoorShooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't view the site unless you're 21?
It's to verify that underage kids can't order ammunition. It's unfortunately the only way I have to verify that issue.. I'm looking into another website software that I can customize the checkout process to skip that first part. Sorry, but the good old insurance companies want' some sort of proactive approach..

Latest posts

Top Bottom