Anyone know about importing liquor to OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you checked with your local liquor store to see if they can place an order for you? Some will try to say something like "you can't get that in Oklahoma" because they don't like doing special orders, but 99.9% of liquor is available here.

ETA: ABLE won't talk to you unless you do something wrong. Considering they won't give liquor stores guidance on whether they can do something in a grey area or how they can keep something legit when they call and ask first, I doubt they will give an average citizen an guidance.
I intend to talk to my local store, but I haven't had time - been at work straight through.

Problem is, this is a difficult vintage to find, although they may be able to locate some - but if they do, it's going to be EXPENSIVE. I found it online for $350/bottle. I know that doesn't sound like alot to some people, but it's astronomical to me. most I have ever paid for a bottle of Scotch was just under $200, and was ultimately disappointed in the price/taste ratio (Glenmorangie Signet).

If nothing else, I will buy out the stock in the store and have it held for me until the next time I visit. It'll be a year, probably, but that just gives me one more reason to look forward to the trip. :D

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We don't live far from Kansas. I was young, but remember dad and the uncles making Saturday runs to the liquor stores in Arkansas City Ks on Saturdays. They would stash it under the back seat for the drive home.

That would have been his route, in reverse. We lived in AC. One of the uncles lived in Newkirk and was the gearhead of the crew. Another uncle had a liquor store in Wichita. All of them knew the back roads very well.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of OLD Shriners I knrew who was a Tulsa cop ,said very little of a boot leggers loot stayed in TPD lockup for more than 6 hours ,the capts and on down took it home with them

Latest posts

Top Bottom