Apple's new products coming out tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Android will still have aux ports, removable batteries, and removable SD cards (up to 128gb usually). Hardware trumps software.

Sent from my i5, 8gb Ram, R9 280 gaming nexus...

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Android will still have aux ports, removable batteries, and removable SD cards (up to 128gb usually). Hardware trumps software.

Sent from my i5, 8gb Ram, R9 280 gaming nexus...
And if you're out of matches, you can start the campfire with one. :) Android has come a long way and the Galaxy Note 7 has a lot of bells and whistles. If the carriers ever get their act together and get firmware updates pushed out faster, it will make it much better. As it is, depending on the device and what carrier, it may or may not get the update. Choices are good, some better than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
looks like Apple is up to their old tricks again .. some of the iphone 7 will not support CDMA that smaller carriers use.
the Verizon/Tmobile versions support all four carriers are not available without a plan for now

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And if you're out of matches, you can start the campfire with one. :) Android has come a long way and the Galaxy Note 7 has a lot of bells and whistles. If the carriers ever get their act together and get firmware updates pushed out faster, it will make it much better. As it is, depending on the device and what carrier, it may or may not get the update. Choices are good, some better than others.

That's kinda the difference. Android hardware, by definition, is competitive. So there's carrier issues and hardware issues unique to manufacturers like the explodey 7 Note.

Android and iOS just appeal to different people. But Apple removing features still used by a majority of their users doesn't seem like a good idea.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One large draw to Apple, for me, is their protection of data and privacy. Apple's developer system (mostly) prevents unauthorized collection of data from your phone, whereas the Android developer system is wide-open (i.e., you have access to so much data, and the consumer is blind to much of it). I've developed apps for both, and the difference in this regard is mind-boggling.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
looks like Apple is up to their old tricks again .. some of the iphone 7 will not support CDMA that smaller carriers use.
the Verizon/Tmobile versions support all four carriers are not available without a plan for now

Old tricks is right. It's SOP for Apple. Take their iMac for example. They dropped offering them with an optical drive even as an option some time back. The reason? Outdated technology. Hasn't hurt them yet but I'm gonna cry when I have to buy a new one. I don't use my DVD too terribly often but when I do I really need it. There isn't a better way of transferring 30,000 pictures at a time that I'm aware of.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You can borrow my external DVD anytime you need it. I think I used it once last year. Of course you could back up to the cloud. Flickr and Google have a lot of free storage for pics

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was going to say...one person in the whole state of OK having an optical drive should cover everyone given the rarity one is needed. I've needed one once or twice in the last 5 years, so just sharing one in your community is a great plan.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, downloading 4 to 8 gig at a time isn't the thing it used to be. But uploading that from remote locations is for the birds. Burning it and sending via FedEx is faster! I use it for my work guys, it's just how it's done. One day memory sticks might get cheap enough to use like optical media, but by then it'll be obsolete too!

Latest posts

Top Bottom