1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad Day for the AWACS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SoonerATC, Oct 21, 2012.

1. SoonerATC

SoonerATC Sharpshooter

Saw this video recently :ooh2:. The KC135 is actually from Tinker based upon the unit markings on the boom.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2016
  2. GlockPride

GlockPride Sharpshooter

Ok I don't get it, but it happens all the time on this site. If on my iPhone I see these threads that I presume have pics/videos but I see nothing, but the text. Is it an iPhone thing? Is it a 'level of service' meaning I need to do something on the site???

This happens to me several times of day. Sorry to ask in this thread, but it got me thinking again.

3. JxxxOxxxE

JxxxOxxxE Sharpshooter

That was weird? Wind gusts or something?

Most likely an iPhone problem...I'm not 100% certain, but I think embedded YouTube videos are still in Flash format...You may or may not know this...but your iPhone doesn't support flash....You can thank Apple...LoL....You'd need to either Jailbreak it (I think you may be able to get flash support, I left my iphone over a year ago), switch to Android, or wait for things to start being embedded with HTML 5

4. Hump66

Hump66 Sharpshooter

Turbulence maybe? Looks like since it wasn't lined up right, there was some sort of override from the 135. Can't explain the AWACS maneuvers though. All those involved are very lucky, that looked mere feet from being a bad day for all.

5. SgtMojo67

SgtMojo67 Sharpshooter

The refueler is from the 507th Reserve Wing at Tinker......That wasn't a Tinker AWACS though......They don't say NATO on the side....I believe they are Canadian. Well that is what it was when I was station there 10 years ago....

6. SoonerATC

SoonerATC Sharpshooter

I read elsewhere online there were actually injuries aboard the AWACS. The guys in the back would never have been expecting that.

7. been

been Sharpshooter

wow!!!

8. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Looked like a sudden abort. If I read the boom correctly it said 507 ARW and 137 ARW. Could this one belong to both the Air Reserve and the Air Guard?

9. soonerwings

soonerwings Sharpshooter

NATO AWACS are based out of Germany.

10. soonerwings

soonerwings Sharpshooter

The 507th (reserve) "Okies" own the planes but share them with the 137th (guard) "Sooners". After the 137th lost their C-130s, they set up an associate unit with the Okies.