BBQ in Bangalore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to a little restaurant here in Bangalore this evening and thought I'd share my dinner with you. Certainly had enough to share.

I'm not sure what they did but it was definitely flat. Maybe deboned the breast I'm thinking. The chicken I had was on a spit so it wasn't like that. May go back tomorrow and order on of the flat ones just so i can see what they've done to it.

Was a fun experience though. Not a place foreigners (Like me) eat I'm guessing because when I sat down the assigned me a waiter to stand at the table to make sure I had everything I could possibly want. Dinner was 350 Rupees ($5.25). I gave the guy 500 Rupees and told him the meal was fantastic and I didn't need any change. You'd have thought I bought him a new car.

Traveling abroad a lot helps me keep in perspective how fortunate I am to live where I do.

Attachments

• 20160924_174832.jpg
    20160924_174832.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 20160924_174836.jpg
    20160924_174836.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 20160924_180752.jpg
    20160924_180752.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 107

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yum. While you are there may I suggest trying rohu? It is one of the two tastiest fish I have eaten.
India is an adventure. Difficult at times but also memorable.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend that was in the oilfield drill bit sales went to India. Supposed to be there a month. After a week he told the boss to send him home or fire him because he couldn't take it.
I'm not sure what part he was in.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some people really can't deal with it. We've had the same happen and it's not like we stay in dive hotels or anything. We have several that will not eat outside the hotel or go out for a walk. Straight to the office and straight back to the hotel. They have a miserable time of it.

Personally getting out in the local setting and experiencing the food etc. is the only pleasure I get out of traveling.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beggars with extreme medical issues or deformities, street vendors and people trying to get you to come to their shop to buy something. It begins to wear you down.

But to balance it out there are some really positive, memorable interactions. I recall a fellow walking around selling hot sweet milk. I'm not sure how he carried it but he squeezed/dispensed a cup full then lifted the cup as high as possible in one hand and poured it into a cup in the other hand held as low as possible. Back and forth until it cooled off enough that you could drink it comfortably. Quite a show.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some people really can't deal with it. We've had the same happen and it's not like we stay in dive hotels or anything. We have several that will not eat outside the hotel or go out for a walk. Straight to the office and straight back to the hotel. They have a miserable time of it.

Personally getting out in the local setting and experiencing the food etc. is the only pleasure I get out of traveling.
That's our preference, getting out and experiencing the local economy and the community. We get a place to lay our heads at night, and the rest of the time get off the property and see the world.
Unfortunately in some of the once popular areas where you could do that has been taken over by drug cartels. One of our earliest excursions was St Kitts. One of the safest places in the Carib at the time. It has became a shuttle place for drugs now with US travel warnings to that area.
Mexico is off our radar now too because of the cartels. We spent a lot of good times there. They don't mess with tourists from what I've seen, but you stay in your resort and keep your head low now. The days of myself and another guy getting into a pickup with a guide and going to an unknown lake for a bass fishing trip in Puerto Vallarta is long past with the bandits accosting road travelers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom