Best chicken fried steak ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blade

Marksman
Reaction score
The Chuck House is good most of the time. Last time I ate there, I felt like their quality has went down from what it used to be. The Del Rancho that used to be in Guthrie was my favorite. Ann's is pretty good. It's hard to find a good hand battered CFS. Try the Cotton Patch Cafe in Ardmore. It's pretty good.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Short cake's in Stillwater, if is still there. Most everything around here is pre-fab. Maybe we should combine this thread with the horse meat thread.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kendall's in noble used to be really good. I worked there in high school but it was not as good as it used to be last time I went and the prices almost doubled. Chuck house is pretty good.

Kendall's used to be the hands-down winner 'til they got nomadic. I ate there once while they were in the "holy cats, they're opening ANOTHER restaurant here?" building on Berry here in Norman, and it was OK, but it was not the slice of awesomeness it had been. I never tried it while they were in Purcell, and I haven't made it down there since they moved back to Noble, so I can't comment on the current quality.

It was good in noble and still quite good in Norman. I ate there often. It would be my top pick. Once they moved the last two times, it has degraded significantly. No where what it used to be.

Now, I would probably say Chuck House is the best around OKC. I'm not wow'ed by them though. I have heard Cheever's is tops but have not had it. I would not doubt it is excellent.

In Tulsa, I think Nelson's is OK. Their Ranch House location is my current top choice and is better than Nelson's on Memorial and I think better than Chuck House in OKC. Kendall's had (key word: HAD) them beat though.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Short cake's in Stillwater, if is still there. Most everything around here is pre-fab. Maybe we should combine this thread with the horse meat thread.

What's a CFS run at Shortcake's? A dollar eighty? :D

I never had the money for a CFS but I could get two fried egg & cheese sandwiches and an iced tea for under 3 bucks. That was lunch quite often.

Glock N Load

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been eating there since the 90's and it's as good now as always. Why would the food taste any diffrent by moving locations?? Still the same people running it. Kendalls is my top pick. Jimmys cafe on sw59th and penn is pretty good also.
It was good in noble and still quite good in Norman. I ate there often. It would be my top pick. Once they moved the last two times, it has degraded significantly. No where what it used to be.

Now, I would probably say Chuck House is the best around OKC. I'm not wow'ed by them though. I have heard Cheever's is tops but have not had it. I would not doubt it is excellent.

In Tulsa, I think Nelson's is OK. Their Ranch House location is my current top choice and is better than Nelson's on Memorial and I think better than Chuck House in OKC. Kendall's had (key word: HAD) them beat though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom