1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Holster for G19 appendix carry

Discussion in 'Self Defense and Handgun Carry (Concealed and Open' started by Preacher99, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Preacher99

Preacher99 Sharpshooter Member

I am looking for suggestions for an appendix IWB holster for my Glock 19. I am looking at an archangel by Dale Fricke and didn't know if anyone had experience with this holster or had another recommendation. Thanks.

2. druryj

druryj Sharpshooter Member

Didn't try the Archangel, but I tried the Comp-Tac "Two O'Clock" holster for AIWB for my Glock 19 and found the gun to be just too big for me to carry that way. At 5'10" 200, I just couldn't hide it well. YMMMV, but I am sticking with IWB at 3:30'ish. I CAN carry my j-Frame or Kahr CW9 AIWB, but the Glock was just too fat.

3. Michael Brown

Michael Brown Sharpshooter Member

I had good results with a Summer Special 2 with the loops removed and the replaced with a single kydex belt loop by Infight Access Kydex.

However I just could not get used to carrying with "Glock Balls" so I went back to 3:00 IWB.

Michael Brown

4. ripnbst

ripnbst Sharpshooter Member

I rocked a G23 (same gun in .40) in a Bianchi IWB holster and it was comfortable when standing but when sitting the muzzle digs into my thigh so I switched to about a 4:00 carry position. It was comfortable there. If you are set on Appendix carry the Bianchi rode there comfortably, my issue was with that carry position more than the holster.

The Bianchi is what I would recommend. Link to the one I had here

5. grwd

grwd Sharpshooter Member

me too, its better than carrying with "Glock Ball".