Budweiser in excess of 3.2% coming to Oklahoma liquor stores!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps. It could have to do with you knowing exactly what you are consuming as well. The only true way to test a palate is blindly. Everyone is prejudiced regarding preference.

agreed. a blind taste test of the two items lets say 5 times(as you said once there is a 50/50 chance), and if you get it right 5 times in a row you know your stuff. however, I am not currently inclined to drive out of state to buy some 5.0 or 6.0 to take the challenge. but it does sound like it would be a fun test.....

is kansas 5.0? I can ask my brothers wife to bring some coors next time she drives down(she is finishing up her internship up there, and drives back and forth).

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
agreed. a blind taste test of the two items lets say 5 times(as you said once there is a 50/50 chance), and if you get it right 5 times in a row you know your stuff. however, I am not currently inclined to drive out of state to buy some 5.0 or 6.0 to take the challenge. but it does sound like it would be a fun test.....

is kansas 5.0? I can ask my brothers wife to bring some coors next time she drives down(she is finishing up her internship up there, and drives back and forth).

Lol. Lets try it! That would rule.

marvin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

Kansas is similar to us in that, it is 3.2% at grocery/convenience and 6% in liquor stores.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The difference in whole milk and 2% is just over 1% fat......and i can tell the difference in that too. I think it may have more to do with regularity. If you consume the same thing over and over for years and then you try the other, the difference is more noticeable.

I think what you are detecting is the differences in specific gravity of the liquid between the 3.3% milk fat and the 2% milk fat. The same can be said about brands of beer with different alcohol concentrations.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First time I had a real Bud, I was 14, and with a bunch of my cousins on the beach (Huntington Beach) in So.Cal.

I was handed a Bud and I hesitated..I wanted one of those Dos Equis..oh yea!! I tapped the Bud and couldn't believe what I was tasting...d@mn good!! Being a dumb 14 year old I stupidly stated how California beer tasted better than Oklahoma beer.

That's when I learned the differences in percentages. That Bud had a wonderful creamy taste, not like the hay hauling sh! T my grandad was keeping in an ice chest.

Meet up with me at Mcnellies some time..I'll buy you a Duvel...we'll tour Belgium and finish with Checzlosovakian beer!! I might be able to scrounge up some Pliny the Elder or Dogfish Head...who knows?? 120IPA??

Throw in a few Schlitz in the mix also!!!

You know how I know you're gay...

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FamousAJ, let me guess...err, I mean make an inference.

1.You probably have some adversion to Belgium beer.
2.You probably think people who drink Duvel and other Belgium beer are "gay".
3. I like SOME Belgium beer, you have a detesting attitude toward it, so you consider me "gay".

Sorry to inform you, but homie (me) don't swing that way on multiple accounts!!

With beer, bourbon, whiskey, and food..I'm of the opinion it tastes good drink it or eat it.

I haven't posted all to most of the beers I like. Heck, I'm taking the Mcnellies challenge on 200 different beers. And, at Mcnellies I carry a little note pad..if I find one I like, I note it. If I find one to my dislike, I also note it..why? When I'm at the liquor store I can't remember what beers I like or dislike..so I whip out my little notebook and go shopping.

Do I find a new, improved, or favorite one almost every week..yep, it seems like it. There is a vast array of beer and I want to try a LOT of them. In other words..I'm trying to catch up with most if not all Beer Advocate's and Rate Beer websites ratings of beer. I also use my buddies website (Jason) sourmashmanifesto.com to compare whiskey and bourbon he rates. Some I totally agree with, others irespectfull disagree.

When I read a review I want to try it and decide on my own if I like it..same with American whiskey and bourbon.

Food to me is the same way. I cam have a plate of buche tacos, collard greens, chicken gizzards, goose pate, and some fried soft shell crabs (in season). On Sunday's before the NFL games begin my wife asks me if I'm good on food or if I need to go get my chicken guts (gizzards) and make a quick trip to the South Side for some buche and lengua tacos.. (she calls them eyes and azz holes tacos).

As of right now, I really like Schlitz. If someone hands me a Duvel..hell yea I'll drink it same as a Santa Fe Pale Ale to a Pliny the Elder to a Pabst to a Boddington to a Left Hand Milk Stout to a Moose Drool to..whatever. if it sucks..that's my first and last one of those!!

I also have a few dislikes..Pearl, pretty much anything 3.2, Albita Purple Haze to others..I really hate, I mean hate Scotch.

So you can hate the player,just don't hate the game.

Last edited:

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If one thing Oklahoma should copy from Texas is how to sell liquor and beer. I just wish they'd get on it before I'm dead..not after!!! I guess there's a start to everything

The good thing about this is the fact that this could open the door to a total demolition and reconstruction of our antiquated liquor laws.

If they sell it in an Oklahoma liquor store it'll still be hot, right? And it'll still be Budweiser?

This isn't a start to anything. This is no change in law. This is simply Buweiser/InBev finally caving and selling high point products through the existing Oklahoma racketeering... I mean wholesaler distribution system. I actually think their agreeing to do this gets us a step further AWAY from liquor law modernization. I was hoping they would finally coerce state laws to allow them to distribute high point beer themselves (which removes the middleman expenses, which is why they opposed this for so long). Since they finally caved, they have no incentive to push for changes in the law.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This isn't a start to anything. This is no change in law. This is simply Buweiser/InBev finally caving and selling high point products through the existing Oklahoma racketeering... I mean wholesaler distribution system. I actually think their agreeing to do this gets us a step further AWAY from liquor law modernization. I was hoping they would finally coerce state laws to allow them to distribute high point beer themselves (which removes the middleman expenses, which is why they opposed this for so long). Since they finally caved, they have no incentive to push for changes in the law.

:rollingla Details, details ... :wink2: All I wanna know is "When are we gonna get a Costco?" :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom