Budweiser in excess of 3.2% coming to Oklahoma liquor stores!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candrpotts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
best information I can get from wholesalers ....... Shock Top, Rolling Rock, and Lime-a-ritas in cans / bottles, actual Bud in kegs only. Sooner or later. Maybe early Nov.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FamousAJ, let me guess...err, I mean make an inference.

1.You probably have some adversion to Belgium beer.
2.You probably think people who drink Duvel and other Belgium beer are "gay".
3. I like SOME Belgium beer, you have a detesting attitude toward it, so you consider me "gay".

Sorry to inform you, but homie (me) don't swing that way on multiple accounts!!

With beer, bourbon, whiskey, and food..I'm of the opinion it tastes good drink it or eat it.

I haven't posted all to most of the beers I like. Heck, I'm taking the Mcnellies challenge on 200 different beers. And, at Mcnellies I carry a little note pad..if I find one I like, I note it. If I find one to my dislike, I also note it..why? When I'm at the liquor store I can't remember what beers I like or dislike..so I whip out my little notebook and go shopping.

Do I find a new, improved, or favorite one almost every week..yep, it seems like it. There is a vast array of beer and I want to try a LOT of them. In other words..I'm trying to catch up with most if not all Beer Advocate's and Rate Beer websites ratings of beer. I also use my buddies website (Jason) sourmashmanifesto.com to compare whiskey and bourbon he rates. Some I totally agree with, others irespectfull disagree.

When I read a review I want to try it and decide on my own if I like it..same with American whiskey and bourbon.

Food to me is the same way. I cam have a plate of buche tacos, collard greens, chicken gizzards, goose pate, and some fried soft shell crabs (in season). On Sunday's before the NFL games begin my wife asks me if I'm good on food or if I need to go get my chicken guts (gizzards) and make a quick trip to the South Side for some buche and lengua tacos.. (she calls them eyes and azz holes tacos).

As of right now, I really like Schlitz. If someone hands me a Duvel..hell yea I'll drink it same as a Santa Fe Pale Ale to a Pliny the Elder to a Pabst to a Boddington to a Left Hand Milk Stout to a Moose Drool to..whatever. if it sucks..that's my first and last one of those!!

I also have a few dislikes..Pearl, pretty much anything 3.2, Albita Purple Haze to others..I really hate, I mean hate Scotch.

So you can hate the player,just don't hate the game.

I was just really giving you a hard time my cigar smoking friend. I enjoy all types of beer. I'm not particularly fond of IPA's, but I will drink them on occasion. My buddy like a real hippy beer with the stinkiest cheese he can find. I don't get that...

My top beers include:
Chimay (all labels)
Coop DNR
Any Belgian white
Sierra Nevada Wheat and most other SA beers
Any Tripel

I go after Crown, McCallan 12yr and Svedka($20 bucks!) and Capt. Morgan for my liqour. Every now and then I grab a bottle of Wisers or or Jack.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know you're teasing me...I just like to justify my "gayness"...:nutkick:

We need to have a get together at Mcnellie's or Tapworks or yes, your reading this correctly..because they have a good variety of beer..The Druken Fry. Go ahead, make fun of me for listing The Druken Fry...it must be a "gay" day for Cohiba...go figure..:punch:

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would be nice to drink a REAL Coors in Oklahoma. Believe it or not, the 3.2 stuff gives me a headache. Plus, I swear I can taste a difference.
I nailed each and everyone of them...sad to say, but I did.

I have been making beer runs to Arkansas for the same reason, no headache and better taste for standard Miller products. 3.2 is pulled off before it has fully fermented and some of the hops are still raw. Try eating raw hops and see how they taste.

Making a trip to TX this weekend and will stock up before hitting the river on the way back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom