Budweiser in excess of 3.2% coming to Oklahoma liquor stores!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Well, I am just stating my experiences of my taste buds, I CAN tell easily tell the difference, as I have many times. If you can not, OK, drink the local stuff and enjoy, your life will be simpler than mine. You only have your your experiences to draw from. I have a few years experience with having an Oklahoma beer one day and an out of state beer the next and reversed often. This is the reason I make a 240 bottle run to AR. about every 3 months, to get what fits MY tongue.

I was at a beer tasting event in Bloomington IN two weekends ago. 42 brands of local brewed beers. (Big drinking town with Indiana University there) I commented that the Ruby Red Ale did not taste like I remembered from many past trips and also about a month ago when I was there. The brewer at Lennie's came up to me later and stated that he was not happy with his last batch also, but had to use it anyway. He apologized and offered me 5 Growlers free out of the next batch next time I am in town if I would come by to pick them up. Neat guy.

I guess this is similar to some people flying. I can hold my plane 3 ft off the runway with the stall horn blaring for a thousand feet before I set it down just for fun if I want to rather than flopping down on or just past the numbers like most pilots do and consider that a great landing.

I also am sensitive to the last 1/2 degree change in the temperature in my house before the A/C kicks on. I do not let it make me crazy, but I notice it.

Drink what you like, I will continue to drink what I like.

I am planning a flight to Tennessee soon for Yingling. Full fuel, me, Wifey, and Fred the dog, I can still add up to 754 lbs dispersed in the back seat and in the "baggage" compartment.

I am enjoying what I am drinking, hope you are doing the same.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont think beers have a sexual desingation in any way. I like leninkugels berry weiss and sunset wheat, and on the other end of the spectrum shiner bock is one of my favorites too. Everybody has their own personal taste. I cant stand regular budweiser or fosters.... :puke:

Maybe this change will mean I can get Strawberita without driving to kansas.

maat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I like the taste of Budlight enough that I would rather stay with the 3.2 so to drink a little more while managing my limitations.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's only Buttwiper. Yer not missing anything.

I doubt if the biblists have much to do with the problem. Sounds like old-fashioned lobbying.

its more than just bud its also coors and some smaller brewers most of it has to do with Oklahoma not letting liquor stores sell cold beverages.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife bought several cases of the flavored beers(lime-a-rita's) in Kansas before they came to Ok.

They are still sitting in our garage bathroom that is cooled and heated. She tried them a couple of times and they sucked.

I tried them, and agreed.

The rest might make good .22 or .17HMR targets if I get bored some day.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
was searching for another thread and came across this one. WTH happened with this? Too many bible beaters out on the trail?

It's here. They (the distributors) just don't sell strong bottles or cans of Budweiser. You can get the BL Lime A Ritas, strong beer in kegs, maybe some other things (Shock Top I think, for example). But no Bud Light or Bud Heavy in bottles or cans best I can tell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom