Car leather care

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you all use to care for your leather seats and dash? My mom's first luxury car and wants to take good care of it. Thanks in advance

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
X3
I have been using Lexol since I was 14 Love it.. I even do the leather furniture in the house about 1 time every 2 years.
It does NOT eave it slimy or smelly. Man that is 34 years!

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never encountered a modern car in my 12 years of detailing that had leather seats that weren't factory coated, which means slathering them with leather conditioner won't do much good unless you've already worn through the coating. Keep the leather clean and try to minimize repeated wear points (like where your butt rubs when you get in and out of the car).

For dashboards I've used Meguiars Ultimate Protectant Spray. It won't degrade the plastic materials used (which Armor All did to some way back in the day), and is chock full of UV protectants. But to be fair, it needs to be used once every month or two to re-up on the protection, as the UV inhibitors inevitably break down while they protect.

And invest in some headlight protectant (again, my favorite is Meguiars). This isn't a permanent coating, but rather an (ideally) monthly coating that is basically a synthetic sealant with way more UV inhibitors than you'd find in sealant meant for paint. Even using this just four times a year will buy your headlights some more time before they start clouding over (which all polycarbonate headlights will do eventually, the rate of which is dependent on various exposure factors).

Congrats on her new car!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always use meguires car stuff. The leather protectant I use is awesome. It leaves the leather very slick and supple looking. And I like the smell of it. It also takes some light dirt off the seats. I use it on my cars and my couch and recliner. I might try the Lexol stuff though. For a cleaner I use surf city garage leather cleaner. This stuff flat works. It's expensive but man does it take dirt away good.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
***Dennis**** Look in saddle shops in your area for Lexol..............if I remember correctly.....a long time ago I used Lexol on my saddles. Never used it on my trucks or cars.....but it should work.

lexol%20leather%20conditioner%20095668670603-228x228.jpg

+1 on Meguiar's..........I use the natural shine protectant. I use it in my scooter, cars, leather recliners, and even on my "John Marshall High School" (where my wife went to school in OKC..the original..not the new one on Hefner Parkway) tennis shoes. Nike Air Force One...low tops.

www.meguiars.com_content_global_product_2739_lg.jpg

Awesome on my Gansta' shoes. What my wife calls my "John Marshall High School Shoes" Leather.........NOT suede!!!!

static.highsnobiety.com_wp_content_uploads_2015_09_nike_air_force_1_low_black_white_00.jpg

images_champssports_com_pi_88298436_zoom_nike_air_force_1_low_mens_.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom