Changing Mag Followers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelnc4444

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently bought five Thermold 30 rnd mags. I haven't tried them out yet, but I am slightly concerned because the followers are not anti-tilt. I was wondering if I could buy some Magpul followers and replace them? Does anyone know if this is possible, and if it is, is it difficult to do. Thanks.

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, magpul followers will only fit in USGI mags. They won't even work in some of the stainless steel mags, because the wall thickness is slightly different.

Thermolds would not be my first mag of choice, i realize these days you gotta buy what you can get, but I would plan on using those for range mags and picking up some USGI or Pmags when you can. Thermolds are not terrible mags, but they are 80-90s technology at best.

michaelnc4444

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's good info, thanks. One other question, are there any other anti-tilt followers that would fit in these mags?

I realize they are not top shelf and I have a fair amount of Pmags and steel mags as well, but if for a few dollars and a little work I can improve these mags, I would be all about it. Thanks.
No, magpul followers will only fit in USGI mags. They won't even work in some of the stainless steel mags, because the wall thickness is slightly different.

Thermolds would not be my first mag of choice, i realize these days you gotta buy what you can get, but I would plan on using those for range mags and picking up some USGI or Pmags when you can. Thermolds are not terrible mags, but they are 80-90s technology at best.

Latest posts

Top Bottom