1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
    Dismiss Notice

City/ lake boat fishing permits

Discussion in 'General Hunting & Fishing Discussions' started by Bullbuster, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Bullbuster

Bullbuster Sharpshooter Member

Do most of the cities and lakes around the state require a permit for fishing and or boat use?

I have only fished Draper so far. I just picked up a boat and am wonder how things work outside the OKC area.

2. WNM

WNM Sharpshooter Member

I know the Oklahoma City lakes require you to have the boat permit. Not sure about other lakes, Lake Texoma doesn't require an additional lake permit.

3. bigcountryok

bigcountryok Sharpshooter Member

If it is an actual city lake, then yes it's my understanding that most do require a boat and/or fishing permit from the city. Lakes managed by the state or COE do not.

Where are you planning to go?

4. J.T.

J.T. Sharpshooter Member

I usually buy a yearly permit at the Duncan City lakes. Fugua, Clear Creek, Humphries and Duncan all require a city permit.

5. vicious

vicious Sharpshooter Member

I do the same. One permit works for all of the Duncan lakes. My understanding is that Waurika has a permit requirement as well. I'm pretty sure my Duncan permit was $25 for the year. You can also get day passes, and I think they are around $5. Don't quote me on that though.

6. Davs2601

Davs2601 Sharpshooter Member

Depends on who owns or manages the lake. Look in the fishing regs. If its a city lake then im sure they require a permit. Department lakes mostly no

7. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Moderator Staff Member Moderator Member

Most of the Corps of Engineers lakes also require a launching fee. Its somewere around $35 a year for each lake, or a buck a day. It should be well posted with signs if its required on the corps stuff. City lakes may not be so well posted.

8. Hooker

Hooker Sharpshooter Member

Duncan requires a permit for float tubes also. :scratch:

Pat

9. bigfug

bigfug Sharpshooter Member

COE lakes let you launch for free if camping, since they are all COE ran grounds as well.

10. Bullbuster

Bullbuster Sharpshooter Member

I'll mostly use my boat at Draper and probably Heffner. I'll also be makeing runs south to Lawtonka and Ellsworth for fish and ducks in the fall. I know Medicne Park has a fishing and hunting city permit and boat permit as well.

I may run east to some lakes and such for cats at some point. Up till now I have only bank fished with my kids. So this boat permit is new to me.