coffee makers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm not a coffee drinker, but my wife is an she wants a single serving coffee maker for Christmas. One that can brew grounds or use the cups and pouches if possible. any of you coffee experts suggest which maker to get?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I like to do a pour over or french press or aeropress for a good cup of coffee. I - or my wife - will grind the beans right before brewing.

However, for my daily morning cup, we use a auto-drip.

However you do it, grinding right before brewing makes a HUGE difference in taste. The fresher it is from roasting to brewing helps phenomenally.

If you do the single cup, you can use the filter/cups to use fresh ground beans to have a cup of good coffee if you want.

You can get a grinder cheap.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is our unit.
You can select to brew a mug on the right or a pot on the left.
We like strong French roast, so the pot on the left can be selected to drip real slow for max flavor.
If one of us is in a hurry, the single cup up to 18 oz can be used. Just have to add a little more coffee grounds to make it as strong as we like.
We typically buy Starbucks French roast beans and grind them right before brewing.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161208_fe6ecda4b9d832a5b26ed6b519aac27c.jpg

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
French Press is what I use. It's easy to clean and you just pour hot water over the freshly ground coffee beans. I just use a hand grinder and a electric hot water heater. It's fast and you can try
different types and brands of coffee beans. I generally get mine from my Amazon Prime free shipping account.

Latest posts

Top Bottom