1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Compliance is safer than confrontation"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doctorjj, May 20, 2011.

1. doctorjj

doctorjj Sharpshooter Member

This was the response Walgreens gave in reply to my email regarding their firing of an employee who prevented a crime, and likely murders of the employees, by using his concealed carry weapon. I love this moronic catch phrase "Compliance is safer than confrontation". Maybe they should offer that little nugget to the families of the 33 people who "complied" at Virginia Tech. Or to the victims families of the Columbine tragedy. Or to the families of the 4 employees at the Lee's Chicken restaurant in Tulsa who "complied" and were led into the back room ordered onto their knees facing the wall and murdered execution style. Or to the hundreds of others who have complied only to end up dead in countless other examples.

At least this just confirms my plan to NEVER set foot in a Walgreens again.

2. Hump66

Hump66 Sharpshooter Member

I'm glad they have more HD cameras. At least when I'm dead, they'll get good footage of the incident.

3. penismightier

penismightier Sharpshooter Member

As a whole, in the society in which we live, compliance is safer than confrontation.

4. Jon3830

Jon3830 Sharpshooter Member

just wait until they start recording in 3-D.

5. cjjtulsa

cjjtulsa Sharpshooter Member

Has worked well for many totalitarian governments over the last 100 years or so, too. By the attitude displayed by our own, I think they're counting on it here as well. And it's working for the most part.

6. MaddSkillz

MaddSkillz Sharpshooter Member

But really, Compliance only ensures victimization. What is up with our society where a trained over and over to be compliant victims? It's dumb!

7. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter Member

Maybe we should just walk down the streets and hand our wallets over to every thug and gang banger we see as we walk by. What happens when we run out and they're disappointed?

8. Biggsly

Biggsly Sharpshooter Member

I agree with you. I can see a need to comply for a moment while planning the confrontation.

9. MaddSkillz

MaddSkillz Sharpshooter Member

:werd:

"Here's my wallet buddy! Look at all those big bills in there!" *NUN-CHUCK TO THE FACE!!!*

10. MLRyan

MLRyan Sharpshooter Member

Yeah, new cameras don't do much in the middle of the situation. If somebody pulled a weapon on me, they already decided they could kill me, and I am ok with another person using their CCW to try and help me/possibly save my life.