1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Coyote Tournaments

Discussion in 'General Hunting & Fishing Discussions' started by MarcusR, Jan 6, 2010.

1. MarcusR

MarcusR Sharpshooter Member

Has anyone heard of what Tournaments are coming up. Went to two last year and had a blast. Thinking about putting one on local if I can get enough intertesed in it. Still would be a state line to state line rule. Just the meeting place would be local.

2. J.T.

J.T. Sharpshooter Member

Check out Oklahoma Predator Hunters Association's website, the annual meet and hunt is in Elk City this year.

3. okhunter

okhunter Sharpshooter Member

There is one this weekend at Elk City but the deadline for signup is today.There is another at Sallisaw next month.

Scott

4. 67square

67square Marksman Member

If you ever get a chance do the the national coyote calling contest in rawlings wyoming early november.Norm heater is in charge of it and you wont find one better.

5. MarcusR

Thanks. I would love to go and compete in a national tournament. It might become a goal of mine for 2010.

6. Oklahomabassin

Oklahomabassin Sharpshooter Member

The one in elk city is 400 bucks per team. I know of one guy that helps run that show, he is expecting 70 teams. That is a lot of bounty, LOL!

7. MarcusR

Oklahomabassin. I am heading west this weekend to Black Kettle what it the wind suppose to be like out that way.

8. 67square

67square Marksman Member

It is a invitation only hunt but i can get you his number and probably get you in.As for the wind out here this weekend it is supose to die down blowing like crazy right now.

9. MarcusR

Well we where going coyote hunting just for fun at Black Kettle. Might be a lot of hunters this weekend out there. I dont want to spend $400 for a tournament with 2 days notice. Have not had a chance to scout or anything.

10. Oklahomabassin

Oklahomabassin Sharpshooter Member

I think a 20 mph wind.