CPAP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nifrost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been using one for 15years. In the beginning it took me over a year to adjust to it. I even put it in the closet and refused to wear it for a couple of months during that time.

The stupid thing has literally changed my life. I feel so much better now than I used to its unreal. I use it religiously now-trying to sleep without it (even for a short nap) is impossible for me.

I know folks who have gotten used to theirs in a few weeks. Hopefully you'll fall into that catagory. Either way, stay persistent and make it work as intended. It's well worth it.....good luck.

Oh, and I use mine without water....the dr says it dries you out too much, but any moisture at all makes me feel like I'm drowning. Don't be afraid to play around with it and figure out what works best for you.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife had used one for 17 years. Never even heard of them using water until a coworker brought it up. She's never used water and never has an issue with drying your throat out or anything.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How often are you supposed to have a sleep study done? Any ways to getting off of a CPAP? I tried many many masks, all have their pros and cons. A nasal pillow is the most comfortable IMO. Prior to that I was unable to consistently use the CPAP.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been a huge improvement for me. I can't sleep but for a few minutes at a time without it. Cured my snoring and allows me to have a good night's sleep. Only took a few days and I was good to go!

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took about a month to get used to mine, and like everyone else has said it has made a world of difference. I only use the humidifier option during the winter when we run the central heat in the house.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Resmed Airosense 10 is what they gave me along with a full face mask. The 1st two weeks I was having 8 or more Apnea events an hour. I then bought a Dreamwear mask that sits right below your nose. This mask is like it isn't there (except when it isn't there b/c if came off) and it cut down the apnea events to less than two per hour. Love it but keeping the full face mask in the event my nose is stuffed up from a cold, etc.
After the initial sleep study they said I wouldn't need any more since the machine logs my sleep pattern and that would be all the info needed and that the technician who receives the info over the built in modem could make changes to the machines settings as needed. 6 weeks of CPAP and glad I took the step.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i just joined the club, and wondering about your experiences. How long did it take to get used to it? Etc.?

Been using CPAP for like 10 years now.. Took me just a few nights to get used to it. I get real sleep now and when I put that mask on, it's off to la-la land I go. Great therapeutic device that can save your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom