CZ 600 Trail in .223 might work for the feedtruck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m excited to hear your long term experience with this rifle, but I do have a legitimate question: for a truck gun, compact and handy in 223 for under 100 yard shots, why not go with an AR? Is it just cause AR’s are boring?
It’s more of a make a shot and lay it back on the console with having another round chambered concern. I have carried an AR but I prefer to carry a gun in the truck not chamber loaded so with a bolt action I have nothing to clear after I take a shot.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s more of a make a shot and lay it back on the console with having another round chambered concern. I have carried an AR but I prefer to carry a gun in the truck not chamber loaded so with a bolt action I have nothing to clear after I take a shot.
That makes perfect sense, and I like the thought process. Keep us in the loop! I’ve been considering one in x39.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would be quite surprised if you experience anything but excellent accuracy. Every CZ I own has been a great shooter.
That is what I would normally expect from CZ but this particular rifle gets beat up on YouTube reviews when it comes to accuracy. Also CZ only gives it a 2moa guarantee. I read one comment that a guy said that he was told by CZ that guarantee was based on factory 7.62x39 ammo not being very accurate that is why they would only give it a 2moa guarantee. Is that made up bs I dunno. Suns out and the temp is decent so today seems like a good day to go shoot it.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I almost bought this rifle in 7.62x39, but I also read and watched videos about accuracy not being great. I went with the x39 Alpha instead. I really wanted to try the trail, put a good scope on it and use good ammo and see if I could prove the reviewers wrong and get around 1" out if it, but was afraid to spend the money to find out.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what’s the verdict on 600 Trail? Accurate?
Well……I really don’t want to say for sure. I did sight it in but didn’t really give it a good fair chance because of a choice I made. The experience does lead me to believe it will be after I change an error I made. I did zero it at 50yds, shot well at 100yds and then had hits using the reticle at 400yds on my 24” plate. I know that’s not very descriptive but I honestly quit trying to really get good results after the first couple shots. So here’s where I messed up……..I mounted the scope on the rifle with a set of medium rings. I had 3 different ring heights on hand that I went through the motions deciding between. It was perfect with the mediums. Then I had ordered another scope to put on another rifle and thought I could get by with the low rings I had on hand. Well when the scope came in I went to mount it and the lows would not work at all. So since I planned to shoot the next day I pulled the medium rings of the Cz to use on the other setup and put the low rings on the Cz setup because they would work mechanically. Yeah wasn’t a good choice. With the design of the Cz low rings are a no go for sight picture. I had to really cram my cheekbone down on the cheek rest to look through the center of the scope. So at this moment I don’t want to give an opinion pertaining to accuracy until I feel it’s the guns fault. New rings should be here for it tomorrow and hopefully I can give a real opinion on it after this next weekend. It all comes down to trying to make something work that I was pretty sure wouldn’t.

I know that was a long read. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom