Decent scope for AR plinking/varmint?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is listed on Midway for $139. For the money, would this be a decent scope on an AR for playing and maybe the occasional varmint ? Any other ideas?

Bushnell Legend Rifle Scope 2-7x 32mm Long Eye Relief Multi-X Reticle Matte

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I would say yes. What kind of AR is it? If it's a low end 16", then that will allow you to get the most out of the rifle without overkill.

You might check through the classifieds, there was a similar scope (bushnell 2-7x) in there for a while, and was significantly less than $139.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It isn't a match grade gun or anything, so that was my thinking too that didn't make sense to spend the money on a scope that far exceeds the capabilities of the gun. I'll dig around in the classifieds and see what I see. Thanks for the reply.

guns_not_groceries

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
See if you can pick up a Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40. I think they are around 175 new, or 130-150 used (off fleebay). I bought one for my 30-06 encore, and then bought one for my 223 encore and cz .22 rifle. Great glass and well built.

fishn&huntn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It isn't a match grade gun or anything, so that was my thinking too that didn't make sense to spend the money on a scope that far exceeds the capabilities of the gun. I'll dig around in the classifieds and see what I see. Thanks for the reply.

Bushnells do not exceed the capabilities of anything

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Leupolds, you pay a little extra for the name but the warranty and service is top notch. They also have good resale which most scopes don't, and a VX1 2-7X Leupold will cost you about 180 bucks if you shop around, is American made, and has a lifetime no BS warranty.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nikon has a lifetime warranty on their scopes, and Binoculars.
Dropped my binocs, and broke them in half. For 10 bucks, they fixed them better than new, and shipped them back, with an optical calibration sheet showing what they were like before and after they got done with them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom