Dell Laptop Issues and Dell's substandard warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you buy it with a credit card? Perhaps you can get a dispute going through the credit card company.

I did this with a lemon Epson printer I purchased from Staples and they ruled in my favor.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dell home pc has had nothing but problems and it was around $400.00.My hp laptop that I paid $150.00 for has been excellent.No more dells for me.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a shame that the company wants to screw you over this way, but DELL isn't the only company that does that when it comes to issues with the case and hinges. You're going to end up paying for the repair, so find a techy that can do it and not charge you an arm and leg. Hinges shouldn't be too difficult to replace on that model. I'm no DELL fan. Never have been. When they bought out Alienware I was saddened that a great brand had been cheapened by such a nutless company's purchase of a great product. At any rate, the hinge job should cost no more than 35 bucks as long as the repair guy knows his stuff.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I generally don't care about the support but the piss poor design is why I don't buy computers. I buy a computer I expect to be able to add more ram or change the CPU at some point and a lot of them just won't support much to begin with, they are either physically crippled or are bios crippled. I have some dell's and HP's and never paid a dime for them. It's generally a little older but I have an HP laptop that has a decent CPU and 2GB of ram from the factory that had a slow wifi connection figured I would swap it out only to find out that they have hard coded the BIOS so that ONLY certain cards can be used.

Anyway as far as that all goes the BEST laptop I have ever bought was an ASUS ROG series. Had 8GB of ram in it to start off with and was able to take it to 16GB, swapped out the 802.11N WiFi for an 802.11AC and while it was a bit of a pain to make the swap it was still able to work. With two drive bays I have an SSD and a HDD installed. The ONLY problem we had with it was the PSU went out and that was likely due to it being dropped and something getting loose and shorting out. It was twenty bucks to get a replacement on Ebay. We bought this at BestBuy new about 5 years ago and with some simple upgrades it's still works great. Not to mention the same specs in a Mac would have been 3K and little to no upgradeability.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with Lenovo. I had a laptop and the screen kept flickering. I sent it in and they somehow lost it. I called customer service several times and kept getting the old "we are elevating this to our highest priority and a specialized team member will get back with you". Months go by and then I finally had enough. Instead of calling the customer service line, which is obviously in some third world country, I called the corporate number and spoke with the receptionist there and specifically said to not to transfer me to customer service as they are worthless. She sent me to a person locally with all kinds of abbreviations after her name and within 3 days I had a brand new laptop without any further questions asked. Remember the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over (calling customer service) and expecting a different result. Call Dell's local headquarters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom