"End" of the world, a theory

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everything happening right now feels so much more significant and relevant because it's happening to us (or happening while we are alive). When you put this year's events into the context of American history, it ain't sh@@. The riots and political violence in the 60/70's was pretty wild, for example.

This too shall pass.
History is a great prognosticator.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
History is a great prognosticator.

This should give you an idea
IMG_2767.jpg

And it’s the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As has been discussed before, a big part of this unstable situation is due to "information bubbles" or silos or echo-chambers whatever you you prefer to call it. We are only getting information that is inline with what we believe and so people are diverging in their beliefs.

What we do after November 3 is important. Someone is going to be triggered to do something stupid. I'd say avoid any hint of confrontation...keep your celebration low key.
The way that "news" announcers across the spectrum carry on is just sickening to me.
They are incredibly desperate for viewers and listeners and every single thing they talk about is an utter life and death "EVERYBODY WILL DIE!" type of emergency, right NOW NOW NOW!
And when that particular disaster doesn't happen and stops drawing an audience then it will be something else at the same level of crisis.
When I hear this type of "news" announcer carrying on, I think about the warning from the Sheriff in Blazing Saddles (played by Clevon Little) who told the townspeople, "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom