Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anyone up for a fitness accountability thread? Maybe even a challenge of some sort? Like we post before pics, goals and update it from time to time? No kid gloves call people out if they stop or make excuses. I need a coach, call me pathetic or whatever but I am having a hard time sticking to things. Last year I got down to 205 from about 239, and hit weights and stuff hard. Now I am back to about 235 and while it's not near as much flab as it was last year it's still way to heavy... anyone else interested or want to do this? We can start a separate thread, this is just to get opinions. Most of my "real life" friends don't care to try and be fit, or are just naturally skinnier and don't struggle with it. If I don't get it under control it will control me.....

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's tough but not impossible. Keeping it off through the winter harder though. I did P90X about 4 years ago and lost 45lbs in 90 days. I have been able to keep it off. I'm 5'11" and 170lbs with a 30" waist. Don't do P90X anymore but still lift weights 4 times a week but diet is the biggest key. Overeating is something I'm always worried about. I gave up soda cold turkey and have not had one in 4 years. I drink a protein shake for breakfast and lunch I usually eat a banana or orange and a larger cup of yogurt. Then just a sensible dinner and never eat after 7pm. Now if I could just give up the beer and rum!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in. I do a mix of stuff, trail running being the main thing. It's tough to get out when it's cold and windy, but I feel like a slug if I don't. I try to do some weights/indoor cardio on "off" or bad days.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cant right now, my wife is pregnant so we are both eating for two. Got rid of all my weights and gym stuff to make room for the baby bed and stuff. I plan on joining a gym with my wife after the baby gets here so we can get back in shape. Its gonna be weird for me going to the gym as I have always worked out at home.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in. I'm 57, 5' 8" 230lb, pretty solid but have belly fat. Was in fantastic shape till I turned 53. I guess manapause hit cause I went from 180lb to present weight in a little over a year. Seemed nothing I did helped slow down the weight gain. I still ride a road bicycle a lot. Summer time is 200 +/- miles per week (can average 20-22 mph pretty easily). Winter time is 3 spin classes per week and weekend outside rides when weather is dry and above 35F. So, my goal is to severely control calorie intake. We will see.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm already hitting it hard, so don't need any motivation. But I can give you some suggestions.

You need to implement change, find a way to do that.

Maybe join a gym and sign up for a 6 week class. Sure it can be pricey, but its 6 weeks that will start the change, I think Sky has some great trainers and programs. Use a tracking app, myfitnesspal is my favorite. It helps you track your intake, and exercise. Remember what you eat, is way more important than just working out. Get your eating fixed and the workouts produce results.

I track almost everything in a spreadsheet, I have 3 years worth if data. I chart several specific items so I can see how I am doing month to month.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far I've lost 8lbs since Nov 1st just tracking things with my fitbit. They're a little pricey but you can set up your step goals and try to hit them each day. You can track calories too which really helps with weight loss. You can track your friends and challenge them daily if they're up to it. Me and my wife compete with each other although I tend to win most.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I miss Micheal Brown giving me pointers on stuff and keeping me motivated. I dont mind yakking about working out with someone if it helps keep our motivation up.

I have lifted, boxed and practiced martial arts since I was 15, 45 now. Once I was finished with competitive boxing and martial arts at 25 the last 20 years has been mostly just maintenance workouts. I still religiously put in time on the bag at least for a hour or more a few days a week but I dont do any running any more because of a bad knee so any cardio I do only comes from the boxing and occasionally riding my single speed cruiser around the neighborhood and maybe some ab work.

I haved always loved lifting heavy weights. My dad and older brother lifted weights, he had a decent setup in our garage with squat rack and 4-500lbs of Olympic weights. I was about 14 or so when my dad started working with me on the weights for wrestling and football. At 15 I started boxing after 10 years in martial arts and I wanted to lift to get bigger and get into the heavier brackets. Pretty soon I was benching my own weight easily and loved the feeling, it was like a high. Im also a born mesomorph with my dads Scottish genetics- naturally large shoulders, arms, and legs- so I do not have to do much extra leg or arm work because they just blow up and it gets uncomfortable in clothes. Half of the year my weight workouts are done in short cycles large muscle groups only no work on the synergists, the other half of the year I will work the synergists in. At 5'10" Im 6" shorter than my dad was so I tend to get alot stockier than he was.

Im also a major foodie, I love to eat, and with my metabolism getting slower as I get older its getting alot harder to control that extra tummy fat or spare tire. I used to pat my dads Buddha belly and giggle that I would never have one of those. Now my 6'2" 17 yr old pats my little buddha belly and giggles. I know you cant spot reduce so cutting calories and adding cardio is my only alternative- but I HATE doing cardio.

My main problem the last 11 years that Ive been living out here is that early spring all thru the summer into fall Im busy as all hell with careers/business so I usually weigh a lot more because I am eating out alot with friends and clients while basically living on the road so I work out less because Im putting in long hours. To get a workout in I have to get one in at a gym when I can find the time but over the years Ive also gotten used to the solitude of working out in my home gym so the workout is just not as intense and Im not as motivated. When Im home like I am now totally off work for the next few months I have a ton of free time to kill so luckily I get to work out on a higher quality schedule- and for sure to eat alot cleaner.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the dropping weight getting fit mode. Been hitting the gym almost daily so u have been doing good. I don't own a scale yet but I have one on the way, at the beginning of October I was 6' weighing 235. I will update weight later but I do have noticeable muscle gains.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im in too. tried to do this a while back as well, found an excellent tool for it -

http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/start-now-sa.asp diet and exercise logs, we can use this as a group logging/accountability type thing.

if the OP likes this idea (not trying to hijack) take a look make an account and do a search for SparkTeam "OKShooters". if everyone interested makes an account and joins the OKShooters team we can get this goin.

the website has fully featured diet and exercise schedules as well as an individual webpage for each member that you can link to other members of the fitness team, and its 100% free.

looks like they have a mobile app to push updates from the gym or what not now too.

if its decided not to use this platform i'll remove the okshooters team.

Latest posts

Top Bottom