Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My strength went way down during marathon training, so I'm hoping I'll get my strength back if I keep my runs to shorter distances.

StrongSwiftDurable / Mountain Athlete has a program (similar but not crossfit per se) for athletes training for marathons that don't want to lose strength or get 'spoon chested'... lol

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rugged Maniac, ran it last year but it was in October, not a bad race, obstacles were much more challenging than a lot of others I've done
I'll be there as well. I did it last year and had a blast. I'll be doing the Mud Factor in Norman next month and Conquer the Gauntlet in June. CTG looks pretty brutal but tier we page has videos of all their obstacles.

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be there as well. I did it last year and had a blast. I'll be doing the Mud Factor in Norman next month and Conquer the Gauntlet in June. CTG looks pretty brutal but tier we page has videos of all their obstacles.

I came in 5th last year at rugged mainiac, guy that won it beat everyone by 4 min, was crazy,
I ran the CTG last year for my first ever obstacle race, hell of a eye opener, had I not went in the last wave and waited at every obstacle who knows what I woulda finished, still finished in top 10%, I'm holding up on signing up for the mud factor event to see how healthy the back feels this weekend, running the competitive wave again, main goal is to run the whole thing with zero pain though so I can build for CTG, feel much better today after gym and visit to chiropractor, what wave are you running Saturday?

Last edited:

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I came in 5th last year at rugged mainiac, guy that won it beat everyone by 4 min, was crazy,
I ran the CTG last year for my first ever obstacle race, hell of a eye opener, had I not went in the last wave and waited at every obstacle who knows what I woulda finished, still finished in top 10%, I'm holding up on signing up for the mud factor event to see how healthy the back feels this weekend, running the competitive wave again, main goal is to run the whole thing with zero pain though so I can build for CTG, feel much better today after gym and visit to chiropractor, what wave are you running Saturday?
I'm in the 11am wave. I know better than to be in the competitive waves. I barely broke sub-30min 5K without mud and obstacles. I pulled a 58:49 last year at Rugged Maniac.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
crossfit today. It was probably the easiest crossfit workout I've ever had (which was perfect for me today).

warmup:
10 x 100 sprints (jogs for me)
v ups
pushups
overhead pvc squats
shoulder mobility work
3 wall walk ups

Strength:
push press 5 X 75%, 3 X 85%, max reps X 95%

WOD:
EMOTM for 20 min
Odd minutes 10 pushups
Even minutes 10 situps and 5 air squats

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the 11am wave. I know better than to be in the competitive waves. I barely broke sub-30min 5K without mud and obstacles. I pulled a 58:49 last year at Rugged Maniac.

My wave is at 10, id say I'd keep an eye out for you but if that race is like it was last year, it'll have over a 1000 people at it

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday I started a 6 week program geared toward core strength and heart/lung endurance - well suited for Run n Gun training. Sandbag, Dumbbells and Plate Carrier is the equipment used. Runs range from short suicide sprints to 6 mile timed runs. I missed Monday b/c my daughters soccer game ran late so I made up for it by doing two yesterday. I finished the a.m. session in 69 minutes and the evening in 40 minutes.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As part of my "summer of getting faster" I started some bodyweight exercises yesterday. Squats and foam roller planks for now.

I'm definitely sore around the middle from one side to the other.

I'll eventually add in some weight when I progress. Does anyone have suggestions for some more simple exercises that would benefit me as a runner¿

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Warmup:
500 meter row
Inch worms
bear crawls
5 pullups
20 vups
med ball throws
Snatch technique work