Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get lightheaded but that's a point of measurement for me. I try to work hard enough to get lightheaded during some workouts. If i dont get there, i beat myself up for not working hard enough. I only do this for high intensity workouts. So, not during distance running or weight lifting.

Headaches only when I am not hydrated well. This time of the year a gallon a day may not cut it. Be sure to drink alot of water first thing in the morning.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if it is lack of hydration( which means it probably plays a part), or if my neck muscles are extraordinarily tight

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That may play a role. One more thing i thought of is to check your blood pressure.
I used to drink pre-work out stuff and that stuff raised my BP through the roof which resulted in headaches.
I don't use any supplements anymore for that reason.

Point is. Check your BP!

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6 miles tonite, first time I've ran any distance since I aggravated my knee 7 weeks ago. Best guess was the ITB band was the cause of the pain. It hurt some tonight but it wasn't until I started stretching afterwards that it got real bad. Guess I'll make a doctors appointment [emoji20] .

Good news is that it doesn't hurt unless I run more than 2 miles so I can continue my normal training.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6 miles tonite, first time I've ran any distance since I aggravated my knee 7 weeks ago. Best guess was the ITB band was the cause of the pain. It hurt some tonight but it wasn't until I started stretching afterwards that it got real bad. Guess I'll make a doctors appointment [emoji20] .

Good news is that it doesn't hurt unless I run more than 2 miles so I can continue my normal training.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Aggravated IT bands do hurt! I hope you get it fixed soon. Foam rolling, Rock tape (Kinesio tape), and dry needling fixes it for me. it band kinesio tape - YouTube

Yesterday:
Long warmup, the back squat, bench press. then:
in 10 minutes
400m run
Max wallballs (20/14#)*
*Every time you break, 100m run

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you all get exertion head aches when lifting or running ?

Several years ago I started getting exertion headaches, one very specific exertion, and an absolutely unbearable headache. Made the mistake of doing the internet research and convinced myself I had an aneurysm. Went to the doc, and he reluctantly agreed to send me for a scan. Found out I had a sinus infection, no sign of it at all until the scan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom