Free Dental Care coming to Woodward Feb 3-4/17

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK boys and girls,

Just got the notice this week so I figured I'd pass this on to everyone.

This year's OKMOM (Oklahoma Mission of Mercy) will be taking place in Woodward, Oklahoma on Feb 3 and 4, 2017

https://www.facebook.com/oklahomamissionofmercy/?fref=nf

http://www.okmom.org/

Each year for the past 7 years (this will be #8), the Dental community of Oklahoma put on a 2 day event where we offer free (yes, FREE) dental care to anyone who shows up.

This is in No cost at all. There are no qualifications. We try to see everyone who shows up.

I have done three of them so far. I wasn't able to do last year in OKC due to a shoulder injury, but I will be at the Woodward event. Most likely in the Oral Surgery bays.

Usually, we treat upwards of 1500 to 1800 patients during the two day event. This is an amazing event. Dentist, Dental Hygienists, Assistants, Receptionists, basically anyone who wants to volunteer will be giving their time during this two day event.

Things I want to stress:

This is FREE to people who show up. Free. No Dinero. No Money needed.
There are no income qualifications or requirements.
Most areas of dentistry will be provided (except Orthodontics). Everything from basic cleanings to complex Extractions (Oral Surgery). Fillings, limited root canals, cleanings, xrays, extractions, limited partial dentures.
And did I mention that it is free?

And something to know about the people involved, they are ALL volunteers.

So, pass this on to anyone that you know that might be in need.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

As the time gets closer, I'll post again to try to remind folks.

And if you are interested in volunteering, I'm sure that there is information on the website. You don't have to be a dentist or dental staffer. We can use all the help we can get. Setup, breakdown, administration, translators, etc.

Dave

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's pretty amazing. Is it customary to tip them atleast? I'd feel bad getting a great service like that for free.. lol

Um, NO.
I know it may sound cliche, but the payment in hugs, smiles, tears, handshakes and thank you's is extremely rewarding.

It really is an amazing event.

Dave

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to bump this up as the time is getting closer.
If you know of anyone that needs FREE dental care, February 3-4 in Woodward is the annual Oklahoma Dental Associations Mission of Mercy.

I'll be there in the Oral Surgery clinic starting at around noon on Friday and Saturday.
My team and I will be doing all manners of extractions. Simple thru impacted wisdom teeth.

Other teams will be doing cleanings, fillings, root canals, simple tooth replacements, kids and adults.

https://www.facebook.com/oklahomamissionofmercy/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

Dave

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice of the dental community to volunteer their time and skills.
What about follow up care for infected extractions or other dental work
and antibiotics or meds?
Does AHCA cover that or will it be out of pocket?

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice of the dental community to volunteer their time and skills.
What about follow up care for infected extractions or other dental work
and antibiotics or meds?
Does AHCA cover that or will it be out of pocket?

AHCA does not cover this.

THERE IS NO OUT OF POCKET EXPENSE.

Dental care during those two day is free. No dinero. No cashola. FREE.

Usually, followup is done by designated dentists in the area.
Surprisingly, the incidence of post operative complications is pretty low considering the amount of work that is done.

Non narcotic pain meds are usually dispensed during the check out procedure.
Prescription meds are a different story.

Only thing that the patient has to do is wait while we get to them. Patience is definitely a virtue in this endevour.

Dave

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is really a great service to the people without insurance and cannot afford dental care, thank you so much. I own a construction company and have built about 30 dental offices so if you ever need a new office building constructed or some remodeling PM me and I'll give you a great price.

Larry

Latest posts

Top Bottom