Guthrie restaurant advice wanted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taking the Mrs to Guthrie to browse the antique shops. I’d welcome any advice on anyone’s favorite place to eat up there. We’ll be eating a late lunch and we don’t have our heart set on any particular style of food. So, let me hear some of your favorite places and what you like to order at them.

Thanks

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stables on the corner of Divsion and Noble may be the best BBQ joint in the world. The offer steak and burgers and some other stuff on the menu.

Hasting Steak House is at Harrison and 2nd... just across the street walking West from the Pollard Theater. It's in the old carriage cellar in that nice Victorian building... spendy, but a nice menu.

Thanks for considering leaving some of your earned dollars in Logan County!

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stables does have good ribs. Love the dry rub they use.....and the chicken fry is good too.

Not too crazy about the Mexican joint out by I-35 on Hwy 33 though.

If the Mrs is into antique atmosphere....Granny Had One down town is not bad......but not as good as Stables.

I like Woody's too though it is a few miles east of Guthrie on Hwy 33....north side of the road. The steak is the high point there. BBQ is better at Stables. I think they are only open Thurs-Sat.....could be wrong.

There is a theme running through this if you look real close.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Woody's is only open thurs-Sunday... it's gotta be in the top 3 (Non Memphis) BBQ joints in the world.

Granny Had One changed names... they are pretty much running a 4 day weekend schedule last I looked.

That BBQ place out on I-35 and Noble is there to divert those interstate drivers who dont know any better... if they eat there more seats are open at Stables for those of us who know BBQ. I eat at the Mexican place now and then--- not terrible but any one of a dozen places in the OKC metro are much better.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, my OSA brethern. Looks like it'll be Stables. If they're busy maybe try Hastings or R&R. We ate at Granny Had One a few years back. Good food and a great old time type feel to it. We want to try a different place this time around.

Thanks again.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correction.. I refered to "Hasitings"... it is Gages Steak House.

Hasting's was in the block near the Police Station ... the closed. The folks who owned Hastings run what used to be "Granny Had One"

Latest posts

Top Bottom