• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Guymon prairie dog shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckkiller1970

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am working in Guymon and would love to trade out some work or cash for permission to shoot prairie dogs! I am a mature professional clean person. I respect any terms from land owners and can follow directions. I have six grandsons and would like to have some place to make a few memories!

Attachments

• IMG_0111.jpeg
    IMG_0111.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0109.jpeg
    IMG_0109.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
85   0   1
I am working in Guymon and would love to trade out some work or cash for permission to shoot prairie dogs! I am a mature professional clean person. I respect any terms from land owners and can follow directions. I have six grandsons and would like to have some place to make a few memories!
Also, talk to deerslayer, he is pretty active in youth deer hunts. He may be able to help you out.
Don't let the name fool ya, he's a lousy shot.lol

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
chootin dogs is a blast. Used to visit my brother in Western NE where he was a veterinarian and knew all the rachers. He had an open invitation to come anytime and kill em. We'd burn through 400-500 rounds and had an estimated kill rate of 80%. So 300-400 dead doggies. Nothing left but tails and noses because we used high caliber guns. 30-30 with 110 gr hollows is what I used and brother has a 22-250 for them long shots I couldnt reach.
Funniest thing I ever seen was my brother using his rifle rest over the hood, I had the binoculars. 2 dogs were standing up side by side at about 250 yards. He blew up one and the other looked at his friend like WTF happened to you, and then he vaporized also LOL
It was fun every time I went up there.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’d find a dog town from satellite imagery or find one you can see from the road, figure out who owned the land thru On-X or the county assessor and then ask the landowner. I’ve had good luck doing that for prairie dog permissions.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My neighbor in Colorado had a town that had not been shot at out in the middle of his huge ranch.
I had an AR with a decent Nikon scope and 2 30rnd mags. I was out of ammo in 20 minutes and burned my finger on the hot barrel.
Drove home, grabbed .243 Ruger varmint and a hundred rounds of handloaded 55gr NBT over Varget making 3965fps. Shooting them out past 500yds until I saw a burrowing owl and did not want to shoot one by mistake. Came back a week later with .22 Ruger pistol and had a ball

Latest posts

Top Bottom