HAM people or commercial radio people, got some FCC questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking at a RF solution to extend my work network to my home by using this: http://www.ubnt.com/airmax#nanobridgem . I can get a 900MHz or a 5GHz version, but I'm not to savy on the RF interference rules, and what frequencies would be safe for someone like me who has no license of any kind.

If none of this makes sense, please feel free to ridicule me. I also appreciate it when they are explained to me like I'm 5.

Old Timer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could use the unlicensed frequencies as long as you stay under the power limits.

There are easier way to do it. Look at some of the bridges, I have one of them going about 6 miles. An ez bridge 2.4 Ghz. I showed then what to order, and she installed it her self. Total DIY for a woman that can not even check the oil in her car. She put it on the old mount from a Dish TV dish on one end and the other end on the side of a second floor deck
This is where I found better prices.
www.wisp-router.com/

How far do you need to extend it?
The only way you can do it is to have "line of sight" from one site to the other. That means if you had a bright light at one end, could you see it at night from the other end. You can put up a tower to get more height, but it adds to the cost.

If you have more questions, drop me a PM and I will do my best.

Latest posts

Top Bottom