Heeeere's Johnny! The King of Late Night.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jack Benny, and of course Rochester
Man, if you want to see Carson's talents on display, look up his appearances on the Jack Benny Program. He wasn't some yammerhead sitting behind a desk, he was a multi-talented entertainer in his own right (much like Benny himself).

On a related note, I recently listened to the latest season of the World's Greatest Con podcast. It was about Project Alpha, which was hatched by a couple of teenaged kids, with the assistance of James Randi, to expose the sham of paranormal research back in the early '80s. One of the first episodes talks about Uri Geller and the role Carson, himself an amateur magician, played in exposing him. It's funny how a guy primarily known as a comedic entertainer applied more rational effort in investigating a psychic phenomenon than the supposed scientists who were the target of Project Alpha...

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, if you want to see Carson's talents on display, look up his appearances on the Jack Benny Program. He wasn't some yammerhead sitting behind a desk, he was a multi-talented entertainer in his own right (much like Benny himself).

On a related note, I recently listened to the latest season of the World's Greatest Con podcast. It was about Project Alpha, which was hatched by a couple of teenaged kids, with the assistance of James Randi, to expose the sham of paranormal research back in the early '80s. One of the first episodes talks about Uri Geller and the role Carson, himself an amateur magician, played in exposing him. It's funny how a guy primarily known as a comedic entertainer applied more rational effort in investigating a psychic phenomenon than the supposed scientists who were the target of Project Alpha...

James Randi was the bomb, and he was ruthless in his pursuit of frauds.

Houdini was also a big fraud exposer. He spent a long time exposing medium frauds.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Glock 'em down
Jonathan Winters
Foster Brooks
Bob Hope
Rich Little
Jack Benny, and of course Rochester

Those are all gooduns, but shamefully, I like the "filthy mouthed" comics. Blame it on my dark humor. :rolleyes2

64488271_2569300899755788_4949957251818323968_n.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom