Hell yeah! Who wants to go to the movies????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
‘Idiocracy’ Returns To Theaters Nationwide For 10th Anniversary Screenings

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/09/id...rsary-mike-judge-alamo-drafthouse-1201729138/

Mike Judge’s 2006 satirical comedy “Idiocracy” follows a US Army librarian selected for government-sponsored suspended animation and wakes up five hundred years later to find out that he’s the smartest person alive after society has become dangerously stupid. Though the film didn’t have a large theatrical release and was subsequently a box office bomb, the film received generally positive reviews and has since become a cult item. Now, ten years later, “Idiocracy” returns to theaters for one night only, courtesy of the Alamo Drafthouse, along with the network of Art House Convergence Theaters and local League of Women Voters chapters, on October 4th.

READ MORE: Mike Judge, Terry Crews and Etan Cohen Planning ‘Idiocracy’-Themed Anti–Donald Trump Ads

Members of the cast and crew of “Idiocracy” will be live in person at the Aero Theatre in Santa Monica for a screening of the film and a post-movie conversation. Mike Judge and star Maya Rudolph will be in attendance. Concurrent screenings will also take place at Alamo Drafthouse locations and Art House Convergence theaters across the country and the post-movie conversation will be live-streamed to those audiences.

For those that can’t make it to an Alamo Drafthouse or Art House Convergence theater, fear not, you can watch the film on the platform of your choice, press play exactly at 7pm PT, and then tune into Facebook Live for the post-movie conversation at 8:25pm PST. Questions will be taken from the live audience in Santa Monica, but also from the live-stream and Facebook Live audiences via Twitter using the hashtag #IdiocracyToday.

READ MORE: ‘Silicon Valley’: Mike Judge and Cast Tease Next Season at Comic-Con

Also, the Alamo Drafthouse’s collectible art gallery Mondo created a licensed “Idiocracy” shirt for the occasion, which will be available at the Mondo Tees website. A portion of proceeds from merchandise and participating screenings will be donated to local League of Women Voters chapters to support their non-partisan efforts to register and educate voters.

Below are a list of participating theaters. A complete list will be updated at the Drafthouse website.
Aero Theatre, Santa Monica CA

Alamo Drafthouse, Ashburn VA

Alamo Drafthouse Lakeline, Austin TX

Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar, Austin TX

Alamo Drafthouse Slaughter Lane, Austin TX

Alamo Drafthouse Village, Austin TX

Alamo Drafthouse, Littleton CO

Alamo Drafthouse, Dallas TX

Alamo Drafthouse, Richardson TX

Alamo Drafthouse, El Paso TX

Alamo Drafthouse Mason Road, Katy TX

Alamo Drafthouse Vintage Park, Houston TX

Alamo Drafthouse, Kansas City MO

Alamo Drafthouse, Laredo TX

Alamo Drafthouse, Lubbock TX

Alamo Drafthouse, New Braunfels TX

Alamo Drafthouse, Yonkers NY

Alamo Drafthouse, Omaha NE

Alamo Drafthouse Park North, San Antonio TX

Alamo Drafthouse, San Francisco CA

Alamo Drafthouse, Winchester CA

Cine Theatre, Athens GA

Cinema Arts Centre, Huntington NY

Cinema Detroit, Detroit MI

FilmBar, Phoenix AZ

IFC Center, New York NY

Michigan Theater, Ann Arbor MI

North Park Theatre, Buffalo NY

Nickelodeon Theatre, Columbia SC

Princeton Garden Theatre, Princeton NJ

Robinson Film Center, Shreveport LA

State Theatre, Traverse City MI

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Number 1: We've got this guy Not Sure. Number 2: He's got a higher IQ than ANY MAN ALIVE. and Number 3: He's going to fix EVERYTHING.

Love that movie. My wife and I say "I liake munay" to each other all the time.

Brawndo, it's got what plants crave!

Shame Alamo pi$$ed me off one too many times. Only been back 1 time in probably 4 or 5 years. When the CEO of the Alamo Drafthouse (Tim League) started backing Michael Moore, I knew I had made the right decision.

If Alamo doesn't get it s straight, moviehouse and eatery is going to crush it under it's boot. As soon as moviehouse launched their online seat reservation system, Alamo had to follow suit. They are no longer at the head of the curve.

Latest posts

Top Bottom