1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Homemade Gun Racks, Post Pics of Yours

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by goodoleboy, May 2, 2010.

1. goodoleboy

goodoleboy Sharpshooter Member

Goal was to get something that did not look like "Grandpas gunrack"..We needed a wall rack to keep my guns off the floor, and leaning against the wall because they were easily getting knocked over, and didnt want the kids playing with them.. I usually keep all my guns in the safe But I pull a few out of the safe on occasion to inspect or admire for a day or two..Thats the dole purpose of the rack.

I searched pretty hard looking The ones I saw online and in local stores could not accommodate the longer magazines Found on Ak's and Similar Semui Auto rifles.

Built using bicycle racks and a piece of scrap wood I had onhand,which was the only long piece suitable for the project. I stained the wood with with Minwax"Red Mahogany" polyurethane stain...

Took about 30 minutes to cut, stain, screw the racks to the wood. Not really a quality piece as far as looks go, i may redo it, and spend a whole hours making it look nicer.HAHHA

If you have pics,I encourage you to post pics of your racks..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cscokd

cscokd Sharpshooter Member

I built this one out of left over oak stair runners from when we built our house. As you can see, I didn't make the base deep enough, but it still works.

[​IMG]

3. n8thegr8

n8thegr8 Sharpshooter Member

Not a gun rack, but a homemade weapon rack. Does that still count?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Made from a single piece of 1x4 and a dowel rod, with a jigsaw, some screws, and some glue. Just saw it in my head and made it, lol. I left an extra spot for another sword I want (a dual wakizashi set), but my wife says I don't need any more, lol. And yes, that is the katana of Takezo Kensei

4. ez bake

ez bake Sharpshooter Member

Is Donatello out on the prowl or did his Bo get stolen?

5. progun40

progun40 Sharpshooter Member

hahaha that's awesome!

6. n8thegr8

n8thegr8 Sharpshooter Member

hahaha, that's awesome. I guess that's another option for completing the collection...

7. ENC

ENC Sharpshooter Member

Goodoleboy I really like your homemade rack. I am still using the one I made in Shop class in the seventh grade but anything with a big box mag or scope takes up at least two of the four available spaces.

Evan

8. ef9turbo

ef9turbo Sharpshooter Member

LOL! I was thinking the exact saaaaaaaaaame thing :D

9. jedc53

jedc53 New to the site! Member

I really like your homemade rack.I am still using the one I made in Shop class in the seventh grade but anything with a big box mag or scope takes up at least two of the four available spaces.I was planning on one bar to the bottle supports, so I could still get the bottle on from the other side.