Howa axiom .308 anybody have one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny, I was about to post about Howa 1500's. Anybody shoot one? I know they are the same gun as Weatherby Vanguards. I'm comparing the Howa to something like a Remington 700 SPS Varminter, both in 22-250.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot several to mount scopes and sight them in for customers. The 1500 is a well made gun and all I have worked with have been 1 MOA guns or less right out of the box. Haven't tried the Axiom yet but it will be the same action/barrel on a very different stock. Looks like it would be a good rifle if the stock works as advertised.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i got one in a 22-250. shoots really well, the knoxx tactical stock does suppress recoil some. ( I shot my brothers savage model 12 and mine and could tell the difference even though it is a low recoil gun anyway.) at 100 yards i sighted it in and after that i put 4 shots in a dime size or smaller 1 a quarter inch low and 1 about three quarters inch high ( jerked). really happy with the gun. will be looking to also get one in a .308

Latest posts

Top Bottom