I.O. Inc AK's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
STAY as FAR away from them as you can, I just picked up the Hellhound AK they sent me as a replacement for the AK-74 they condemned, and guess what?! This one broke too, first off when I got it there was a ton of dirt in the rifle, I will put up some pics in a bit. So I cleaned it up and checked over the rifle before taking it to the range today, it looked to be in ok shape after cleaning it up.

I plugged in a mag and began firing, round number 4 or 5 everything freezes up and the handle wont charge. I pull back a little harder and the dust cover pops off!! WTF? So i start looking at it closer and the firing pin had some how come out of the bolt and up through the recoil spring and jammed itself between the receiver and the dust cover, had those not been there I am pretty sure I would have either been stabbed in the face or lost my eye. Oh and there is no way that the firing pin should have come out since the roll pin is still in place and the firing pin will not fit back into it's place.

This is effing ridiculous, so I have emailed them telling them I want my money back and they can keep their damn rifle. We shall see what they say.

I learned the hard way myself. Their AK's are horrible.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I gave them a chance, and I sent the Hellhound back to them, it came back "Fixed" and today I took it back out to the range and within the first five shots the firing pin blew out the back again. I am done and have sent an email back to them asking for a refund of my original purchase because I cannot faithfully put their rifles into my safe and know that it would work if I ever needed it.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I gave them a chance, and I sent the Hellhound back to them, it came back "Fixed" and today I took it back out to the range and within the first five shots the firing pin blew out the back again. I am done and have sent an email back to them asking for a refund of my original purchase because I cannot faithfully put their rifles into my safe and know that it would work if I ever needed it.

wow!! Yea i would just get rid of that thing and move on! Im just glad it didnt hurt you!

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Up until this point there had been good communication with I.O. but now I keep getting the run around now that I have asked for a refund, 4 emails sent by me since last Friday and 2 phone calls to I.O. has produced the "We are waiting for an answer" answer. I am a bit annoyed at this point as I feel that good business does not allow run arounds.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I found another "Made in the USA" AK manufacturer, but unlike I.O., Owen and his crew at Snake Hound Machine really know how to make AK's. If only I could get my money back from I.O. I would totally invest in one of the Snake Hound AK's.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell us more about the Snake Hound.

www.Snakehoundmachine.com you can also look them up on youtube. I have been emailing back and forth with Owen for a good part of today asking questions about the issues I have been having with this I.O. Hellhound and he has been a huge help.

Right now the retail site he has is down but he did tell me that his rifles are $800 with around an 8 week lead time right now. He also makes the Snake Hound UBR which is awesome looking and might be what I save up my money for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom