If you don't vote, you're a Dumb Ass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sound kind of harsh? Well it isn't.

Let me begin by saying I HATE POLITICS AND MOST POLITICIANS!

Some of the best advice I ever got was from a person whom I have the utmost respect for. Truthfully, I don't even remember what question I asked him or what advice I sought from him. But his answer still resounds to this day, "Don't be a Dumb Ass"

The other day my wife was talking to someone about politics (a frequent topic around our house) and she asked the person if they voted. Their response blew me away. The person said “I didn't know who to vote for so I didn't vote. I didn't want anyone to blame me”. I am continually amazed at the number of people who don’t vote.

My personal political beliefs aside, I believe that one of the most powerful rights we have in this country is the right to vote. Look at Colorado in 2013. When the public got fed up with the way things were going they voted to remove two State Senators from office. Yes, change can be made by a large enough, loud enough voice. But you have to make that voice heard. Not voting will not get you heard.

If you are unsatisfied with the way things are going in your county, state or the country, and don’t know what to do or who to vote for, take a few minutes and Google the candidates and see what they say, how they feel, what they do.

*WARNING*

Not everything you read on the internet is true. Not everything a candidate says is true.

*WARNING*

You have to be discerning, which isn't easy in life or in politics. Make sure the information you are reading is from a reliable source (i.e. not the person running against them or their political party). A pretty good rule of thumb is don’t listen to any political ads on TV or radio. I think it is sad that elections are won by how much money someone spends on ads. And don’t kid yourself, it works, if you let it. So at the risk of sounding hypocritical, don’t make an uniformed vote. That’s ALMOST as bad as not voting at all. ALMOST

Most people know what kind of fundamental beliefs they posses. Find a candidate that possesses some of those same beliefs and go from there. If you are conservative find the conservatives you like. If you are more liberal, find some of those. You owe it to your state and country to do the research on the issues and candidates. If you don’t vote because you didn't know who to vote for, I can and will blame you for what happens.

I think some of the most important elections have been won or lost because someone either thought it was so lop-sided that they didn't need to vote or the victorious candidate got more “non-voters” to come out that typically don’t.

The 2016 elections could change the course of our country for the next 8 years. Are you willing to go through that knowing that you didn't have a say in it? I’m not.

DONT BE A DUMB ASS!

posted via Tapatalk

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
CiC-c8CUkAAx0Qv.jpg

Attachments

• CiC-c8CUkAAx0Qv.jpg
    CiC-c8CUkAAx0Qv.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 79

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Casting a third party vote raises the count of votes anyone you dislike must get to win. The total number of votes cast goes up and raises the bar for everyone running. If no one on a ballot from either the Dems or Repubs is a good choice for you, go ahead and cast your vote for someone else who just might be a good choice for you. In any case, only NOT voting will help anyone you dislike because that is one less vote they have to rise above.

Woody

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sound kind of harsh? Well it isn't.

Let me begin by saying I HATE POLITICS AND MOST POLITICIANS!

Some of the best advice I ever got was from a person whom I have the utmost respect for. Truthfully, I don't even remember what question I asked him or what advice I sought from him. But his answer still resounds to this day, "Don't be a Dumb Ass"

The other day my wife was talking to someone about politics (a frequent topic around our house) and she asked the person if they voted. Their response blew me away. The person said “I didn't know who to vote for so I didn't vote. I didn't want anyone to blame me”. I am continually amazed at the number of people who don’t vote.

My personal political beliefs aside, I believe that one of the most powerful rights we have in this country is the right to vote. Look at Colorado in 2013. When the public got fed up with the way things were going they voted to remove two State Senators from office. Yes, change can be made by a large enough, loud enough voice. But you have to make that voice heard. Not voting will not get you heard.

If you are unsatisfied with the way things are going in your county, state or the country, and don’t know what to do or who to vote for, take a few minutes and Google the candidates and see what they say, how they feel, what they do.

*WARNING*

Not everything you read on the internet is true. Not everything a candidate says is true.

*WARNING*

You have to be discerning, which isn't easy in life or in politics. Make sure the information you are reading is from a reliable source (i.e. not the person running against them or their political party). A pretty good rule of thumb is don’t listen to any political ads on TV or radio. I think it is sad that elections are won by how much money someone spends on ads. And don’t kid yourself, it works, if you let it. So at the risk of sounding hypocritical, don’t make an uniformed vote. That’s ALMOST as bad as not voting at all. ALMOST

Most people know what kind of fundamental beliefs they posses. Find a candidate that possesses some of those same beliefs and go from there. If you are conservative find the conservatives you like. If you are more liberal, find some of those. You owe it to your state and country to do the research on the issues and candidates. If you don’t vote because you didn't know who to vote for, I can and will blame you for what happens.

I think some of the most important elections have been won or lost because someone either thought it was so lop-sided that they didn't need to vote or the victorious candidate got more “non-voters” to come out that typically don’t.

The 2016 elections could change the course of our country for the next 8 years. Are you willing to go through that knowing that you didn't have a say in it? I’m not.

DONT BE A DUMB ASS!

posted via Tapatalk

I think Burk has says it pretty well. We have two pretty sad choices for President; but one of them is going to be the Commander in Chief for the next 4 years, anyway. Both of them make me shudder to think of it. One of them (at least) is an egomaniacal, offensive, I'm-better-than-you-*******. That makes me not like him personally. But one has clearly shown little, if any, respect for the handling of classified material and that makes me scared shitless. I held a TS clearance and SCI access in the Marine Corps; if I had treated classified material in such a manner as she did, I'd be in prison today. There is NO DOUBT about that. Mishandling classified material gets good people killed. And which one of these two candidates do you think is going to do the most to protect the country and get rid of the very real threat of islamic terrorism? We are NOT safe in our own homes, streets, schools, churches, public places, or at the workplace. Which one of these two is going to best uphold the Constitution? Which one will work best with the other branches of our Government? Who can better our economy? Can either of them do anything to help deal with the racial BS we see plaguing us today? Why do we still languish under the ignorance of racist thoughts, actions, and behavior? And what about the "lesser" items on the ballot? Do you really think a 1 cent tax increase is going to help education? Ha! I sure as hell don't. After I retired from the USMC, I spent almost 20 years in Higher Ed here in Oklahoma...I saw our state appropriations go from some 70% to less than 20%! I was around when they told us that Remington Park and betting was going to fix it. Nope, it didn't. Then the magic of the lottery was going to be the cure all. Nope, wrong again. I was there when it got so stinking bad, we not only failed to see any kind of raises for several years, but instead, we had to take 12 days of "furlough" - like my workload was decreased or something...Ha! I was just 12 days behind is all that happened. Oklahoma is in sad shape; the country is in sad shape; one of the most powerful tools you have is your right to vote. I hate the idea of an egotistical, boorish, hateful, lying, bad-hair scumbag in the Whitehouse, but I hate the idea of someone who has risen above the law and caused the deaths of Americans in there even more. Exercise your right to vote, or risk losing it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom