John Lott and research about firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's only longstanding because liberal retards have been spewing forth their tripe and impugning the research he's done for a long time. His credentials are stellar and I'll take his word over theirs all day every day.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why would we consider anything from a political blog like thinkprogress.org to be anything but liberal propaganda? I'd take John Lott's CV over that of ANY TP blogger's CV any day of the week. Certainly over the CV's of a graduate student who only blogs for leftist rags and a hedge fund manager (the grad student is a byproduct of the David Boren school of Liberalism BTW). :rolleyes2

Simply put YG, I'm disappointed in you for even posting that hit piece.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This article adds to the long-lasting discussion about John Lott's questionable research and statistics, and reliability as a scientist in general. It isn't short, but very interesting.
https://thinkprogress.org/debunking-john-lott-5456e83cf326#.prmzzl65s
The funny thing is, even if every thing in that article were 100% true, it's not nearly as damning as all the well proven nefarious actions of those pushing catastrophic anthropogenic global warming. Yet that keeps getting swallowed up, hook, line and sinker.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Inquiring minds want to know why YG refuses to set foot in a WalMart but is citing Think Progress, a leftist propaganda tool funded by Walmart.

CAP and ThinkProgress have also faced scrutiny for their silence toward retail giant Wal-Mart, uncommon in progressive circles. Both the liberal newsmagazine The Nation and the conservative Weekly Standard have reported that Wal-Mart had donated to CAP, and CAP touted Wal-Mart as a partner in the healthcare reform debate. (The Washington Free Beacon estimated the donations at over $500,000 over a ten-year period, citing a Wal-Mart webpage that is no longer active.) Wal-Mart, which had been singled out for an employer mandate in some states, was a strong advocate of a national mandate on employers much smaller than the multibillion-dollar corporation.
https://www.activistfacts.com/organizations/528-center-for-american-progress/

YG: Lauding an organization that is on the payroll of Walmart, whose board of directors at one time included Hillary Clinton, is not where you want to be. Repent before it is too late!

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
YG: Lauding an organization that is on the payroll of Walmart, whose board of directors at one time included Hillary Clinton, is not where you want to be. Repent before it is too late!

nobody should support anyone that associates with clintons, either in business or in social circles.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of thinkprogress either, but let's take the criticisms of Lott's work (many of which are links within the main article) as pieces to critique. Are ya'll saying the known problems with Lott's statistical analyses, or his posing as his own student to support himself, or saying one thing in public when his own papers say otherwise, are ok?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of thinkprogress either, but let's take the criticisms of Lott's work (many of which are links within the main article) as pieces to critique. Are ya'll saying the known problems with Lott's statistical analyses, or his posing as his own student to support himself, or saying one thing in public when his own papers say otherwise, are ok?

What we're saying is that we're not going to waste time vetting source material cited by and entity as unscrupulous and biased as TP.org, or anyone it would be willing to associate with. When you can come up with an independent, unbiased source saying this I might be willing to critique it, but that article is fatally flawed. You might as well be citing Infowars! Seriously man! Stop trolling us! :(

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom