Kimber Solo versus Kahr CM9? What do you think?

• Thread starter savagenation2011
  • Start Date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i had a rohrbaugh and the only gun i've had that was more problematic was a tuarus. have had several cm's and pm"s and never had a bad one yet,so kahr all the way

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Solo is ammo particular ala manual. CM9 is not. Like Saddlebum, I too have had several Kahrs and agree - Kahr is the better choice IMO.

CWO 45

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Between those two I would go with the Kahr. I should note I carry SIGs and the little 9mms have always been a backup for me. I have owned several Kahrs and think they are almost an ideal platform. i say almost because some of the Kahr models I have owned were never trustworthy. The best I had were the K9 Elite and the PM9. I had no issues with them until I had several hundred rounds through them. The others (another PM9, another K9 and the P380) were junk. They went back to the factory twice each for Kahr recognized problems and were worked on or replaced by Kahr. (They did have good customer service). The issues caused me to get away from their entire product line. You can get a good one, and you will be very satisfied. Just realize you can also get a bad one.

I have moved to a different small 9mm and, so far, I'm very pleased with it. I'm up to 300+ rounds and have had one FTE. There have been other FTE reports, but always with underpowered 9mm ammo, never with good SD ammo. It's sort of hard to find because it's brand new on the market, but I dug around and got mine locally. To me, it's not quite as good looking as the PM9 but is made to compete with it in sales. Very accurate (as was my PM9) and felt recoil is about the same. It is priced right in there with the CM9. I think it will eventually put a hurt on the Kahr sales. It is the Beretta BU-9. Here is a photo from another source showing it in comparison to the Beretta PX4 and then one showing it in my holster. Very little size difference between it and the Kahr PM9. Just another to consider.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CM9 or Beretts Nano. I am ready for next weekend when I finally get the Nano under the tree and can shoot it some more.

...(S)he sees you when you're sleeping; (s)he knows when you're awake; (s)he knows when you've been bad or good so you better be good for goodness sake! ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom