Lawton FGST Lunch!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reminder for all you Fat Guys, Fat Guy Wannabes, or Fat Guy Groupies - please join us tomorrow (Wed, 6 Jul 16) for the regular Fat Guy Shooting Team lunch at Freddy's in Lawton on NW Cache Rd across the street from Outback. 11:30-ish until whenever you have to leave. Hope to see you there.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not necessarily "Lunch" related, but the wife and I drove up to Elgin on Saturday to check out Bare Arms indoor range. Although the sign on the door said it was supposed to be open there wasn't a soul around. Tried the voice number and got the recording that the store was closed but the range would be open. Checked the door on the range building, knocked a few times, and never did get anyone to answer.

Since we were in Elgin anyway I decided it might be a good time to go check out Fouled Bore up north of Rush Springs. Drove up and met Jason and a few who were shooting - nice guy, nice range. Only had a couple of pistols with us so decided to pass because of the cost, but if a person wanted to spend a morning or afternoon doing some longer range shooting it'd be a great option.

And since we were on Highway 81 anyway we ended up driving down to Firearms Solutions and getting a bit of practice in there. Our main reason was so Dorothy could check out her new EAA Pavona (Polymer framed CZ-75 clone from Tanfoglio). She fired well with it and liked the smaller size and lower weight compared to the P226 so it's now her #1 handgun.

Last edited:

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reminder for all you Fat Guys, Fat Guy Wannabes, or Fat Guy Groupies - please join us tomorrow (Wed, 6 Jul 16) for the regular Fat Guy Shooting Team lunch at Freddy's in Lawton on NW Cache Rd across the street from Outback. 11:30-ish until whenever you have to leave. Hope to see you there.
As luck would have it I've had a bit of change in plans and regrettably won't be able to make it today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom