Looking for a Wedding Chapel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am planning on getting married next Spring, and we're kinda having trouble finding a "good" and "affordable" wedding chapel...

Do any of you guys or your wives have any good recommendations for places around Tulsa or surrounding areas?

Every place we have looked at wants a couple thousand $$$ for a wedding and a lot more if you want a reception. It doesn't have to be overly fancy or sophisticated, as simple and elegant will do...

Send me a PM if you don't want to message here.

Thanks guys!

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These wedding factory chapels around town are ridiculous in the way they herd people in and out and their pricing is insane. A chapel is basically a small church, generally attributed to the Christian faith and these places do not serve a congregation. They're just a for-profit place for holding a religious marriage ceremony.

How about a church? If you belong to one it's usually just minimal janitorial/administrative costs. If you're not a member the costs still aren't usually too exorbitant for just a ceremony. I know a lot of people aren't religious but if that's the case why do they need a chapel?

I have been involved in a LOT of receptions over the years and I can tell you that if cost is an issue I wouldn't plan on a reception other than maybe a cake and punch affair right after the ceremony. A big reception with food, drinks and a DJ/band for dancing is an expensive proposition if done right.

Good luck and congrats on your marriage!

Bryan

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lot of options, but most will be a balance between $$ and how much you end up doing yourself. Also, things like guest numbers and what type of event you want will influence your options.

If you just are having a small ceremony, you can do a lot in a public park like woodward, or even in a friend's backyard. But if you need a place that can handle a number of guests, you're going to quickly run into needing a rental. On top of that, you can do something at a friend's house, or at a park pavilion, but you're going to be the ones doing a lot of the planing, picking up, setup, etc (unless you farm it out to friends and family).

Lots of venue spaces charge a lot because they provide a lot.

Getting married on 'off' days would help you negotiate a better deal. Fridays and sundays can help, but a thursday wedding would likely save you $$$ (for a reason).

If you're keeping it small then you can avoid a lot of venue costs and maybe spend a bit more on having a small reception catered.

Edited to add: send me a PM once you start to firm up your needs. I've been working in the wedding industry in tulsa for the past 6 years so i'm happy to help with specifics if i can.

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
There's a place near where you come into Tulsa from the West on I-44. It is an old barn that has been redone for weddings and other events. It's really nice but I have no idea what their pricing is.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weddings are expensive, lots of neat ways to cut costs, we did pretty well with Daughter's wedding several years ago.

Most of the wedding facilities will be expensive, look for interesting places, parks, etc, where you could do it for almost nothing. We did the Daughters in a National Redwood Forrest preserve. We rented a house there where we had the reception, and had a food truck come in for the food. We had a lot of discussions about the budget, she initially thought we could pull it off way cheap, but things add up. I will tell you the one thing you don't want to cheap out on is the photographer.

All that said the Couple that owns Bellissima Ranch are in my Family, not related but by relationship. Regardless they are great people, just starting that business, and might be willing to work something out with you.

http://www.bellissimaranch.com/

Latest posts

Top Bottom