Magnificent 7 - the remake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just watched the new Magnificent 7 at the local theater. If you like Denzel and westerns made in the style they were made when those of us over 50 were young, I think you'll like it. Lots of fast draws and shoot outs with single action army revolvers and Winchester rifles, a little trick riding, some archery and knives, and of course good guys and bad guys.

While the firearms, gear, tack and attire look authentic, don't expect a historically accurate western, but a good old fashioned shoot'em up western.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Magnificent_Seven,_The_(2016) Internet Movie Firearm data base

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
im disgusted that they remade this, you cant top mcqueen, bronson, vaughn, and no mexican could have done better than wallach.
Im going to go OD on memberberries now

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One question,,,

Did they use the original theme music anywhere in the new movie?

Aarond

The only place I noticed the original music was during the closing credits. The new song had a few hints of the original melody. The movie was pretty entertaining.

***MAYBE SPOILER ALERT?***

I was digging it a lot until the extreme overestimation of the suppressing fire capability of an era correct Gatling gun. I know it's all fantasy anyway, but for whatever reason that put me over the top a bit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom