Medical Insurance Frustration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Medical insurance has always baffled me. From age 20-32 I was in the Marine Corps. It just really baffles me how much insurance does not cover.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I have the time tomorrow I will post the Medicare rules, being I am his patient and on Medicare I am not private pay. The Dr was not even aware of the medicare denial. The notified me first, but not sure. I know I have it in my Medicare book that if Doc takes Medicare Assignment he cant add on to that, therefore I am not allowed to pay for the shots myself. That is according to Medicare.

Can I ask what kind of injections you were getting?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I have the time tomorrow I will post the Medicare rules, being I am his patient and on Medicare I am not private pay. The Dr was not even aware of the medicare denial. The notified me first, but not sure. I know I have it in my Medicare book that if Doc takes Medicare Assignment he cant add on to that, therefore I am not allowed to pay for the shots myself. That is according to Medicare.

Is this by any chance a steroid? What I am reading is that they cut epidural steroids reimbursement by something like 50%.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can I ask what kind of injections you were getting?

Just simple Cortisone and some type of "cain" not Lidocaine but long lasting med. Most shots would last at least 6-8 months, had a couple that lasted closer to 12 months. On my way to get my hip looked at in just a bit (dislocated Monday and still painful) then will look for the paragraph that tells me I can't pay my Dr for work not covered by Medicare. I will start a new thread as we are jacking the original posting. :)

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just simple Cortisone and some type of "cain" not Lidocaine but long lasting med. Most shots would last at least 6-8 months, had a couple that lasted closer to 12 months. On my way to get my hip looked at in just a bit (dislocated Monday and still painful) then will look for the paragraph that tells me I can't pay my Dr for work not covered by Medicare. I will start a new thread as we are jacking the original posting. :)

Please do open a new thread. Not trying to be nosey but I think I can help you, and that's what I'd like to do. Medicare compliance it right up my wife's alley and I know if anything is legit, wrong or right etc then she would know.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. Turn it over to your benefits rep at work.
2 Drs. and hospitals are going to try and get every last cent they can, regardless of plan agreements.
3. Insurance companies are not in business to pay out money. They will question and fight every cent charged.

Let 1, 2, and 3 fight it out.
If( more likely when ) it gets turned over for collection, write 'under dispute' on letter and send it back. It will stop their harassment.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info....im doing my homework this weekend and gonna start being a pain in their rear come Monday
1. Turn it over to your benefits rep at work.
2 Drs. and hospitals are going to try and get every last cent they can, regardless of plan agreements.
3. Insurance companies are not in business to pay out money. They will question and fight every cent charged.

Let 1, 2, and 3 fight it out.
If( more likely when ) it gets turned over for collection, write 'under dispute' on letter and send it back. It will stop their harassment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom