Moonshine!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Normally the proof number is double the alcohol percentage. I can tell you that the higher percentage of alcohol the more it burns the soft tissues in your mouth and throat. 155 proof is really harsh to me. Everclear which is 190 proof is damaging to your tissues when consumed undiluted. The formula for "drunk" is based on blood alcohol percentage. The higher percentage of alcohol consumed, the less it takes to get your blood alcohol level up there. I have had some very high alcohol content rum, and moonshine, as well as the everclear. All those are best consumed mixed with fruit juice or other mixers to dilute the alcohol content. As a normal juvenile delinquent in high school, we used to use a syringe to inject oranges with everclear and eat them in school. We never got caught, but I know there were teachers watching us to see when we went for the booze..

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hurray for fractional distillation!!!

Hieronymus Braunschweig (I think I spelled his name correctly...can't remember)and his book: Book of the Art of Distillation.

Can't forget the British gentleman Areneas Coffey and his patent for a whiskey distillation column!!!

Ahhh, the wonders of science.

Latest posts

Top Bottom