Moving to Hudson Lake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Near my childhood stomping grounds at Pryor. That lake and the Pump Back lake are sleepers when it comes to fishing and especially BASS. I can remember when that lake was built. Nice blue water too. You have indeed made a wise decision. Also Google building that large facility in Pryor helps with with many things in the area, including IT technology. Pryor as a city has free wifi I believe. The company has spent a good amount in each of the schools near there too. They went first class in introducing School Science Fair and Robot clubs in every k-12 district in the county.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The main thing is to stay healthy, both you and the wife because the major medical facilities are in the big cities.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were looking for some land and a house and a pond.... and have been for about a year now. This one fell in our laps and we could not resist. We never dreamed we could find a view like this that we could afford. But it gets better... there is a Highbank Speedway not far from the house. And there is a Restaurant and Bar there. Then it gets better yet... I get a message on the answering machine after we get home from dinner... it's my ex-father-in-law asking me to call him. He's golden so I call him. He wants to give me his Cajun bass boat.... (HUH!!!)... He says it just sits in his garage and he thought I would like it for fishing on the lake... DAMN.... it just keeps getting better!!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were looking for some land and a house and a pond.... and have been for about a year now. This one fell in our laps and we could not resist. We never dreamed we could find a view like this that we could afford. But it gets better... there is a Highbank Speedway not far from the house. And there is a Restaurant and Bar there. Then it gets better yet... I get a message on the answering machine after we get home from dinner... it's my ex-father-in-law asking me to call him. He's golden so I call him. He wants to give me his Cajun bass boat.... (HUH!!!)... He says it just sits in his garage and he thought I would like it for fishing on the lake... DAMN.... it just keeps getting better!!!

When the stars and the moon align............

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Up on top of a hill just north and a little west of Snowdale Campgrounds. So do you know where the best bass fishing might be? I have read some reports on the catfish in the lake but not much on bass so far.
So right by Wolf Creek? Are you by the house on stilts? There's good bass fishing all over Hudson, but I've always had the best luck from Strang bridge to Salina bridge.

cinco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make sure you try Country Cottage in Locust. Hit Hwy 20 over the bridge to Salina. South on Hwy 82 about 8 miles on your right before you hit LG football field. They are known far and wide for their awesome buffet.

That restaurant at the Highbanks has an AWESOME steak! Seriously my cattlemen buddies even rave about it - and they only eat their own beef.

Try the little island just north of the Snowdale boat launch for fishing. Try the small bridge that crosses Salina creek over Hwy 82. You'll see locals parked up there and nailing the Sand Bass.

Enjoy your new home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom