1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
    Dismiss Notice

need gun safe recommendations please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bhollie, Mar 2, 2012.

1. bhollie

bhollie Marksman Member

going to Wanenmachers in Tulsa at the end of the month to see if there are any deals.... seems like the Cannon brand is the best for the money unless im wrong... needing one that can bolt to the floor or to my safe room or both..... trying to make it tornado proof if thats even posssible...

probably in the 800 or less range unless its a heck of a deal..

thanks guys

2. Honeybee

Honeybee Sharpshooter Member

We have decided not to setup this year at Wanenmachers but go check out our safes online and make sure you watch the video at the bottom of the home page.
    www.bearsafes.com
    They are a bit more than you want to spend but we have financing and with your down payment your payments would only be a few dollars a month.

Then come by and see us at Franson Firearms.

Donald

3. bmwguy25

bmwguy25 Sharpshooter Member

spoken like a true salesmen!

4. ArGyLe64

ArGyLe64 Sharpshooter Member

I am going tomorrow to order my safe from Bear Safes. I am getting the smaller one which is $1,200 after tax and delivery.

5. huskres

huskres Sharpshooter Member

Take a look at tulsa safest by catoosa. It's WWW.tulsasafes.com, they have some brands that are way better than most big box brands for good prices.

6. peanut

peanut Sharpshooter Member

I have nothing against the bear safes, but please get one with 2 locks if you do get one.

7. 761mph

761mph Sharpshooter Member

armorvault, is also located here in the OKC area and has a very good product

8. Lithiumokc

Lithiumokc Sharpshooter Member

This!

9. hipshot

hipshot Sharpshooter Member

^^^^THIS^^^^ These guys have the good stuff at good prices. They do set up at Wannenmachers too.

10. Wolf44

Wolf44 Sharpshooter Member

Try to dig through all the black corners of fire ratings and steel thickness and mechanisms.......then find a distributer who doesn't blow smoke.

Dig into Fort Knox, STURDYSAFE, Graffunder....and see why they are top tier, then apply to your research and personal beliefs/understanding. Buying Made in America isn't exactly truthful for a lot of the lines you find for better prices. Champion is one of the few, with the top tier listed above.

I can assure you that if they want it, they'll get it. So ponder whats important, fire, theft, or both, or neither. if neither, buy a 'cannon' safe from TSC.

The advent of hi cap 18v cordless angle grinders etc.....makes anything less than 8-10ga or without SS sheet inserts a fruitless endeaver.

Bolted down is the only way to go.

If you have a true safe room/safe door/ etc.......I retract my comments. but still rec. those to really research the Sturdysafe, Fort Knoxx, Graffunder...etc to compare what is truly well built....to the others.