need gun safe recommendations please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to Bear Safes today and ordered myself the #6024. $1386 shipped to my door, installed, and bolted to the floor. I love the trade-in system they have so when we move into a newer larger house I can upgrade my safe for a larger one and receive full credit for my current safe.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have decided not to setup this year at Wanenmachers but go check out our safes online and make sure you watch the video at the bottom of the home page.
www.bearsafes.com
They are a bit more than you want to spend but we have financing and with your down payment your payments would only be a few dollars a month.

Then come by and see us at Franson Firearms.

Donald
The next safe I get will be a Bear safe. The wife and I went by their facility in OKC and they showed us around and even took us in back where they were actually making the safes so that we could see exactly how they were made. Unless you are buying a safe that look pretty, I don't think you could do any better for the money.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The next safe I get will be a Bear safe. The wife and I went by their facility in OKC and they showed us around and even took us in back where they were actually making the safes so that we could see exactly how they were made. Unless you are buying a safe that look pretty, I don't think you could do any better for the money.

Exactly!!!!

J

Jckellison

Skip the safe and buy a vault door...

Chances are, you're only limited by your wallet here. Most safes are eerily similar in construction and materials. Every maker has "the best product." yes, some are better than most, but let's be honest... What two bit criminal is going to risk a few hours to get at a few firearms???

Logic would suggest the more important issue would be the fire ratings.

I bought a Cannon Scout 40 safe, similar to the "Fat Boy" series at Atwoods, but with the dial combo lock. (never have trusted the digital systems) It has a 30 minute fire rating. Seems a little short, but as it's located in a steel/concrete shop, fire damage is highly unlikely.

Figure out where it will go, and buy accordingly.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Skip the safe and buy a vault door...

Chances are, you're only limited by your wallet here. Most safes are eerily similar in construction and materials. Every maker has "the best product." yes, some are better than most, but let's be honest... What two bit criminal is going to risk a few hours to get at a few firearms???

Logic would suggest the more important issue would be the fire ratings.

I bought a Cannon Scout 40 safe, similar to the "Fat Boy" series at Atwoods, but with the dial combo lock. (never have trusted the digital systems) It has a 30 minute fire rating. Seems a little short, but as it's located in a steel/concrete shop, fire damage is highly unlikely.

Figure out where it will go, and buy accordingly.

Vault door? If your walls and ceiling are made out of steel or 1' of rebarred concrete this might slow someone down.
It would take someone about 10 seconds to tear 5/8" sheetrock and a couple 2X4's out of the way to walk into your "saferoom".

Latest posts

Top Bottom