Need Help, Replacing Storm Shelter Door.... Wife is gonna kill me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you sure that the door you need? Looking at the specs, it has no weatherstripping...

Does your shelter have another, inner, door? Because the one in the link isn't a storm shelter door...it's just a basement hatch.

This is what I thought after looking at those doors. This would not be a FEMA rated door and I wouldn't trust it to keep my family safe. A basement door isn't the same thing as a storm cellar door.

Like everyone else said, I think you would be in much better shape refurbishing the existing door if it looks structurally sound.

XDsooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you all have motivated the heck out of me, i already cleaned the doors all up, shop-vac'd the dirt, spider webs and all the loose paint, going to Lowe's later to get all the sealants i need, im going to seal it best i can. think i will try the Flotec Drill first to see how well, im not very up on the idea of cutting a hole out in the bottom of the cellar. i dont really need a big sump pump because its not much water that gets in there at a time it has just built up over the years to a few inches and not in the whole cellar just a smallish area. soon as i can get that door sealed i can get that water out and then the fun starts. spray her down, let her dry, and get some sort of sealing paint just to add a nice fresh look and feel to the ole gal...... and best of all start packing her full of goodies, that way i dont have to rely on the school down the street to fill up and turn us away like they did last time, talk about HIGH stress situation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom