Need money, out of gas scam...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had two girls (they may have been 21-25 years old) ring my doorbell last night around 8:30 pm. When I answered, one of them was opening my glass door and reaching for the inner doorknob. I sternly asked "Yes?"
SHe then explained she was one of my "neighbors" and that she and her friend were professional women's soccer players for OKC's ladies soccer team. Her "mom" was having her go around selling magazines for their trip to an upcoming tournament in Europe. They did not look like soccer players, they looked like meth addicts. The main girl (the talker), kept using the sweetest-aw shucks-innocent-teeny-little-obviously fake voice I had heard. Pathetically unbelievable. After refusing the magazine offer, she asked if I could at least give a donation for her "team trip".
I was already extremely skeptical about answering the door lately, as my sister-in-law down the street (literally), had her door kicked in in broad daylight while she called the police from her locked bedroom. Eventually the perp was spooked and left, in a big black car with a really loud muffler.
After sending the "soccer girls" off my porch, I went outside to scout the street. Sure enough comes a loud, black Buick down the street driving real slow. They had been pulling out of the neighbors driveway with the "soccer girls" getting in the backseat.

Questions:
1.Does OKC have a professional women's soccer team?
2. Is it legal to answer the door with a loaded 12 gauge?
3. Is said soccer team owned by JB Books?
Hmmmm....

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL ... You are sooooo clever that way, aren't you?? :D Now, if only you were half as good a lawyer as you are comedian ... Oh, wait ... too much?? OK ... I wouldn't want to hurt your feelers ...

Well, it's not like there is a shortage of lawyers. Plenty to choose from. Lots out there better than me.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No soccer team. Check.

To stay on topic, no, I do not give money to vagrants looking for handouts.

Errrr ... is my sarcasm button broken?? **runs off to check**

I try not to give money to vagrants either, but will admit to being scammed by one in the last couple of years. I won't make that mistake again -- nor will anyone I consider a friend ...

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This email I got today seems apropos:

!WARNING!

A scam is being pulled, mainly on older men.

What happens is that when you stop for a red light, a young nude woman comes up and pretends to be washing your windshield. While she is doing this, another nude woman opens your door, takes your pants off and steals your wallet!

They are very good at this: They got me 7 times Friday and 5 times Saturday.

I wasn't able to find them on Sunday. You can get wallets for a buck at Dollar Tree.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Normally I will not give money away to people, however. A few months ago in Tulsa a women approached my roommate and I outside a McDonalds(we had been in Cracker Barrel next door). She tells us a story about how she's diabetic and has no money for food, she's out of gas, but her son was driving from OKC to get her. She asked for a couple bucks to get something to eat since she was on the verge of a diabetic emergency. She was tearing up, shaky, and pale. She looked like she either needed a fix, or was a diebetic in need of sugar. My roommate gave her about $5 I think and she immediatelly went inside the McDonalds and got some food. I have seen my fair share of scammers, this was just an example of someone the legitimately needed some help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom