Need some ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been getting three to four calls a week from different numbers and the callers have all had middle eastern accents and claiming to be from Windows telling me that my computer has been sending error messages.

I think it's about time I had some fun and I need some ideas to mess with them. Normally I just hang up and block the number, but I'm bored.

ifishok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tell them "really? Well I need to turn the PC on, hang on a minute, then I tell them after 3 minutes, oh I got some sort of blue screen about some errors, let try it again. Then 3 minutes later, I say the same thing. Repeat till they hang up.[emoji41]

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had two or three calls like that in the span of 2 days. They said there is an urgent problem with my windows machine.
Finally, without thinking, I said "I have a Mac"
Guy hung up and I have not had a call like that since.

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My most successful response was speaking as if I was having serious medical conditions and literally ready to die....the dickwad actually ended up staying on the line, apologizing, asking if I was going to be okay, until I faded off and hung up the phone.
Not another call since... :)

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read a post about a guy who strung one of those guys along for a couple hours.

He pretended to do what the guy wanted, "forgot"instructions and asked to have them repeated, said he had to wait on his 28.8k modem to connect... Basically making the guy think he was going to get what he wanted until dropping the fact that he was a network security engineer or some such. No calls after that.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had the same thing, told him we didn't have a computer. He said, "Oh really, we can see it". Then I told him my daughter had one upstairs and he said that was probably it. Then I told him it wasn't connected to the internet so I wasn't sure how he was seeing it. We do have two, both connected, but couldn't help messing with him....

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I read a post about a guy who strung one of those guys along for a couple hours.

He pretended to do what the guy wanted, "forgot"instructions and asked to have them repeated, said he had to wait on his 28.8k modem to connect... Basically making the guy think he was going to get what he wanted until dropping the fact that he was a network security engineer or some such. No calls after that.

I've done this. What's best is if you can have the modem handshake sound going in the background, then of course you need the "you've got mail!" from the old AOL program. Let them get partially through the "troubleshooting" and they "nope, nope... it's not this computer you're wanting the computer in the OTHER room.... hold on, let me get to it..." then start all over.

I've actually been cussed it in what I believe to be Farsi. it's kinda fun!

Latest posts

Top Bottom